DFS Done!

2»

Comments

• ...a long wait for 10 weeks then I will be happy to collect my membership (thank you AAT, it's been emotional) :thumbup:
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Mmmm mixed feelings about this one! I think the main questions were fairly easy no silly things to deal with. But i did come unstuck on the Goodwill question, hadnt been taught that 'two figures for calculation' so i'll blame college for that one. Also the gearing ratio, what is that?! I thought it was longtermdebt/capital employed but after i looked in the book and its something odd i dont really understand.

Can anyone give me any details of the gearing ratio? Also what advise did you give to lewis lindsey (:laugh:)
  • Mmmm mixed feelings about this one! I think the main questions were fairly easy no silly things to deal with. But i did come unstuck on the Goodwill question, hadnt been taught that 'two figures for calculation' so i'll blame college for that one. Also the gearing ratio, what is that?! I thought it was longtermdebt/capital employed but after i looked in the book and its something odd i dont really understand.

Can anyone give me any details of the gearing ratio? Also what advise did you give to lewis lindsey (:laugh:)

Putting it simply:

Gearing = bank loans / (equity + bank loans)

It is to find out how much of the company the bank owns basically, the higher the figure the worse it is.

I told lewis to keep his money.
  • alicemaylara
    Thanks for that don
    Darn completely wrong on the gearing! I said they could afford to take out more loans....but overall i did advise him not to invest and i think i got the others right. the exam was so unbalanced! Section 2 was so smalled and im really worried i will fail on that....not fair! My fingers are well and truely crossed
  • LOL.

Yeah, section 2 was very small but I think 2.1 was worth 73% of the section.
  • alicemaylara
    What was 2.1?!
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    ... did come unstuck on the Goodwill question, hadnt been taught that 'two figures for calculation' so i'll blame college for that one.

..what's this, have I missed something? what does 'two figures for calculation' mean? :001_unsure:
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    What was 2.1?!
    I think 2.1 was writing the report discussing the performance indicators?
  • alicemaylara
    CathG wrote: »
    ..what's this, have I missed something? what does 'two figures for calculation' mean? :001_unsure:

It said something along the lines of, what two figures do you need to calculate goodwill :huh:
  • xamix
    xamix Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    It said something along the lines of, what two figures do you need to calculate goodwill :huh:

i think you mean impairment.
  • alicemaylara
    duuhh sorry thats what i mean:001_unsure:
  • acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Got throught Section 1 all right I think but Section 2 a mess so think I'm resitting.
    Then to round the day off a car reversed into mine and made a right mess so I'm totally depressed now:crying:
Privacy Policy