Ecr june 2009-payback

chris_b
chris_b Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

Did anyone get there payback to be 2 years and 8 months as everyone else seems to have 2 years and 1.5 months?Can anyone remember the question so i can go over it again?I did however get the NPV to be 39.72 which is what the majority of people got.

thanks

Comments

• CJC77
    CJC77 Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    chris_b wrote: »
    Hi,

Did anyone get there payback to be 2 years and 8 months as everyone else seems to have 2 years and 1.5 months?Can anyone remember the question so i can go over it again?I did however get the NPV to be 39.72 which is what the majority of people got.

thanks

From what I can make out, the few people who also got 2 years 8 months, did not include the disposal figure in the cash flow before calculating the formula. However, if you tallied all of the cash flow to get the NPV of 39.72, you take the amount you need/the total cash flow for the final year and x 100. Really sorry - cannot remember actual figures to use so as to show you a proper example. My advice at the moment is to wait til the paper is out on the website - have another go if it is still bothering you - and if you still get the 8 months bit - post another thread and ask again - I for one will be able to go through the calculation when I see the question again in full!
  • Jodi-90
    Jodi-90 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    CJC77 wrote: »
    From what I can make out, the few people who also got 2 years 8 months, did not include the disposal figure in the cash flow before calculating the formula. However, if you tallied all of the cash flow to get the NPV of 39.72, you take the amount you need/the total cash flow for the final year and x 100. Really sorry - cannot remember actual figures to use so as to show you a proper example. My advice at the moment is to wait til the paper is out on the website - have another go if it is still bothering you - and if you still get the 8 months bit - post another thread and ask again - I for one will be able to go through the calculation when I see the question again in full!
    I did get 2years and 1.5 months for the payback.. but worked out the % at 42.something.
    Everyone seems to be gettin roughly the same answers!
  • lkreth
    lkreth Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    hi I got payback to 2yrs 8 mths but think I was the only one in my class that I've spoken too that did! I think I got the npv to 40 & I included the disposal amount. I thought the paper was awful, much prefered the fra yesterday!!
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I though paper was awful too. Didnt seem like previous exams to me and no limiting factor question which was a suprise as they went over it in the june accounting tech mag!
  • rosa
    rosa Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    hi

i think i have got 2.9 paypack but for NPV i don't remember
Privacy Policy