PCR Paper Laypout!

Hayley123
Hayley123 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hello

I have been doing all the past PCR papers and was really ready, until I have just looked at DEC 08 Paper!

I heard there was a new examinator for this one, does anyone know if he/she is writing the paper for tomorrow?? As the layout is so different to all the ones before!

Starting to freak out!

Comments

• Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    I think it is the same examiner..we can only guess that the layout will remain the same as Dec 08
  • Hayley123
    Oh no, I better go over it again then!
  • lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yep thats why i failed it because i wasnt prepared and i am still not ready for tomorrow so will prob be sitting it again in December!!! I hate PCR.
  • Hayley123
    Yeah its horrible, why do they have to change the layouts!

Im sure i shall be re-sitting if its like Dec 08! But hopefully they got too many complaints and are going to go back to the old way! :001_smile:
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    yea i fink its still the same examiner some ppl say its changed but kaplan sez it still the same one and hes been writing the papers since 2006 his name is Tony Stevens if i remember correctly... lol

Yea... if the rite questions come up for me i will hopefully pass it if not then i will b resitting in dec 09 .... :(
  • lucy1988
    I just cant get past limiting factor questions, for some reason my mind just goes blank i think its how they word it.

I used to know what the reasons for variances were aswel but i have forgotten that aswel!!!!
  • George Tse
    yea it is how they word it ... do the 2007 papers the limiting factor questions in them are worded better and much more straight forward hopefuly it will get ur confidence back up ..
  • lucy1988
    Have you looked at the MAC exam papers? They have got budgets in and the same kind of questions.
  • lucy1988
    I agree June 07 and Dec 07 are alot easier.
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I've just seen this! I have a LONG night ahead lol!
  • Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    me too:thumbdown::001_unsure::crying:
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    I've just seen this! I have a LONG night ahead lol!

I think I've missed something....
    what have you just seen?
    should I have seen it, I've got PCR tomorrow!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i have heard that they have at least 3 years of papers already written out in advance...and i think the new one took over two years ago.....so got another year of hers...
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    CathG wrote: »
    I think I've missed something....
    what have you just seen?
    should I have seen it, I've got PCR tomorrow!

Just the new layout of the PCR - It's a bummer. I have found it harder to take in the info in the layout, just make sure i read through carefully tomorrow hey!! :thumbdown: But, still in for a very long night!!!!
  • Flipflop
    yea it is how they word it ... do the 2007 papers the limiting factor questions in them are worded better and much more straight forward hopefuly it will get ur confidence back up ..

Am I missing something, what is a limiting factor question?
  • George Tse
    Flipflop wrote: »
    Am I missing something, what is a limiting factor question?

well normally its task 1.2 in most of the papers
  • lucy1988
    December 08 was the first paper for the new examiner!!
  • KarenT
    KarenT Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Hi guys. i was one of the unfortunate people to sit the dec08 pcr and luckily i passed. It was basically the same old stuff just set out a little different. If you can do the old papers you can do this one. You just need to read the questions carefully and figure out what they're asking, rather than rush straight in like you can with all the past papers. Best of luck:thumbup1:
  • Flipflop
    well normally its task 1.2 in most of the papers

I well if I havn't noticed it can't bother me...
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    My biggest fear is that their will be a really complicated rescheduling thing & they might bring Absorption and Marginal costing into play.
Privacy Policy