whoop whoop PCR done

Comments

• Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    Well guys, it's been fun. Off out for a BBQ and a few drinks now.

Fingers crossed this will be my last time on the AAT forums after an exam, as only the Unit 10 left to do now!

I feel a tear coming on.....

I'm done, good luck, I only need work experience now!!!
  • kmv
    kmv Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    wolfe wrote: »
    misterman i got a loss in the bugeted p nl of 356,456 somrthing like that anyway

This is exactly what I had!!!
  • kmv
    kmv Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    If i pass this exam that will be good bye from me :)
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yep that roughly what I got it would appear we seem to have done the same thing wrong not sure what it is though
  • sy-co
    sy-co Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    ok then section 2 was pretty easy . in section 1 1.1 , 1.2 were good. i got an operating loss . wat worries me is that in the revised calculation i got an even bigger loss. and i didnt know wat to write abt it in the report... but still wrote sumthing. plz dont tell me im wrong abt the loss thing!
    Hi Wolfe. I am so glad I am not the only one that did what you did. I had a loss and then when revised had an even larger loss. Same here got confused as there wasn't much I could write in the report except state the obvious costs that were saved and the sales being limited to 950,000 garments. I know the revised was wrong as others said it was a profit but I hope just cos of that I don't fail the whole paper.. :(
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    I ended up with a loss on the first question of about 90k and a loss on the second question also but silly me when recalculating the revised profit on the new number of units i didnt take into consideration any other points except those that were in the data. Oh well. Hey you know when i came it calculating the clearance sale units and we got the percentages of 20 and 15 percent which were the percentage of the TOTAL units how did you calculate them for the operating statement as we didnt have a total to calculate 20 and 15 percent of it. Im hoping that the fact the majority of my paper was hopefully right that a couple of errors will be taken into consideration.
  • Gloria
    Gloria Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    ok then section 2 was pretty easy . in section 1 1.1 , 1.2 were good. i got an operating loss . wat worries me is that in the revised calculation i got an even bigger loss. and i didnt know wat to write abt it in the report... but still wrote sumthing. plz dont tell me im wrong abt the loss thing!
    Got a loss too ...and so did three of my colleagues... quite concerned about it, as I eventually managed to run out of time ...arghh...
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I got a profit followed by an even bigger profit - so big I thought it had to be wrong! But it looks like lots of others got roundabout the same (£1.1m)

I thought the first section was really complicated - needing lots of working out. My head is still aching now!

All I can say to the examiner is I never want to hear 'You're so vain' ever again. 'Karli Symon' will haunt me forever! :lol:
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    the operating statement is catalogue sales 1278000 and clearance 319500 for Symon ans Karli was 841500 and clearance was 148500 any1 had this units across them?
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    chrim wrote: »
    I divided cost in to orginal total garments sold then multiplied by the new ones think they were 950000

Thats what I did, which made sense at the time, but now I'm not so sure???:001_unsure:
  • ccreaven
    Answers i got were.... (Not saying their right!!)
    20%
    15%
    £12
    £9
    £5
    £4.50
    £7
    £6
    £0.2
    £0.2
    £0.08
    £0.06
    £0.15
    £0.15

281 040 - Original Plan Profit
    1111250 - Revised Plan
    579200 - Flexed Budget Budget

I doubt many people will have the same answwers, there were so many places to make a small mistake!!

Thats what I got apart from revised profit because I stupidly forgot to add Karli back on! Whoops! :ohmy:
  • ccreaven
    laurlou wrote: »
    when i left exam i heard people talking about some thing they 'apportioned' does anyone know what they may have been talking about???

I apportioned the cost of interest and overheads to symon based on units sold on the revised statement, not sure if I was ment to???
    :001_unsure:
  • ccreaven
    ly.mason wrote: »
    do these figures ring any bells for section 2.1

Thanks

same! :thumbup:
  • CurlyKat
    CurlyKat Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Section 1 task 1.3 wasn't explained well!!!

I really struglled with this question.
    Do you have to change the price for the purchases and air freight and design fees to be inline with the sales of 950,000 or will they remain the same as task 2 as purchases have to ordered 4 months before??:confused1:
  • ccreaven
    CurlyKat wrote: »
    Do you have to change the price for the purchases and air freight and design fees to be inline with the sales of 950,000 or will they remain the same as task 2 as purchases have to ordered 4 months before??:confused1:

I haven't a clue, I think I messed up on the revised statement, but did the rest fine fingers crossed!

I think we get a chance to have our say in the aat questionnaire and it asked for feedback on each task from what I remember? I think I will comment on how vague 1.3 was
  • CurlyKat
    CurlyKat Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I totall agree, must complete the questionnaire on this one, I think if enough people state how vague it was the better chance we all have of passing.
  • Byrnie
    Byrnie Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Answers i got were.... (Not saying their right!!)
    20%
    15%
    £12
    £9
    £5
    £4.50
    £7
    £6
    £0.2
    £0.2
    £0.08
    £0.06
    £0.15
    £0.15

281 040 - Original Plan Profit
    1111250 - Revised Plan
    579200 - Flexed Budget Budget

I doubt many people will have the same answwers, there were so many places to make a small mistake!!
    all that sounds familiar so I hope you are clever!!! :lol:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Now I know where I went wrong!!!

I must have had the exam on my mind when I slept last night. My figures are the same as above except for the flexed budget, and contribution figures.

I could not think what I had done until I had a dream which woke me up in a cold sweat of panic!!! I have used the wrong initial figure for all my flexed budget calculations, do you think this is an instant failure, or will it class as continuity even though it was incorrect to begin with???...
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    columbia

i think you will be fine. i got different contributions to evryone it seems, but i think as long as we have shown the correct workings, we should be ok. i do remeber in foundation if you got the figures wrong, as long as you had the workings, you would be ok.

fingers crossed.

Tracy
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    columbia wrote: »
    Now I know where I went wrong!!!

I must have had the exam on my mind when I slept last night. My figures are the same as above except for the flexed budget, and contribution figures.

I could not think what I had done until I had a dream which woke me up in a cold sweat of panic!!! I have used the wrong initial figure for all my flexed budget calculations, do you think this is an instant failure, or will it class as continuity even though it was incorrect to begin with???...
    No
    As long as you use the correct methods you show competance. They work through your answer so as long as the workings are correct you shouldnt fail because of one error.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thanks!!!!!
  • carl2687
    carl2687 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    answers....

right for 1.2 i got a profit, but not as big as the previous profit.
    1.3 my profit increased by about £800,000

for 2.2 the actual figure i cant remember, but it was given anyway, because you basically had to copy if from the operating statement? then the flexed budget, the actual profit was a lot bigger than what was budgeted, and the costs were a bit bigger in the actual. but overall the actual operating profit was bigger than the budgeted profit, therefore it was a faveourable variance? as the flexed budget wasnt as high as what you actually got, therefore it must be faverouble?
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    kmv , sy-co thank god some one is wid me . not to worry guys. itll all be fine
  • misterman
    misterman Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Con tribution per unit

Hey FLIPFLOP.

I didn't do contribtion per unit either!
    But hey, that's only one bit.

If you have shown overall ability is gd enuf, then hooray in August

When are results out? (what date?)
  • misterman
    misterman Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    To curlycat

air freight is per garment, so sorry, you must recalculate for each garment

Number of garments (950,000) times whatever it is per garment.
    similar with design fees

Have I put a downer on anybody?
  • carl2687
    carl2687 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    could anyone comment on my answers?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    gingervicki us who got loss are in minority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a loss at first then noticed I had misread airfreight costs. Once I corected that i had a profit
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    soory i didnt come on here yesterday...............

but we went straight out after the exam and didnt stop drinking till 3 in the morning....

my god were is that thread for "cure of a hangover"

looking at the posts on this one i think i pretty much got the same other than i took out the warehouse but noted that i though only part of it should be saved.

i was done in 1 1/2 hours same as pev paper.......stupidly confordent or just clever ?aug 19th will tell !

anyone wanna comment ,thats fine.......but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    dont talk so loud !!!
  • Andrea
    Andrea Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    CurlyKat wrote: »

I changed all the variable costs. Although the purchases are made 4 months in advance, the budget we were doing was for the next year.

Not sure about this exam. I also got £1.1m and didn't take out warehouse costs but dont remember much else. Waffled for my life in the theory bits, but hopefully done enough.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    on those waffly bits. i thought they really left it open for you to waffle for england... the questions were so vague that you could of put in about 50 things and made them pick out the right ones from them...

that warehouse bit is one thing that i think they might mark all three answers correct
    leave it in
    take it out
    adjust for % used

looking at all those people who left them in i can see why you left it in and inm thinking this paper was very badly written , so many questions could of been read in so many ways on what they wanted ?

as just a thought for anyone who just went straight into the paper section one and didnt readthe whole thing first. when you finished section one did anyone else like me look at the clock and think.....f*cking hell if section 2 is this big im gonna be f*cked if im gonna finish it ? but once i seen section 2 my heart slowed down a bit ?

still finished in 1 1/2 hour ?
Privacy Policy