Has anyone done Diploma level in 6 months?

Cyfarthfa
Cyfarthfa Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor โญ
Hi,

I'm just about to start the Diploma level, which will consist of a skills test in July, 2 exams in Dec and one exam in June and the project. I wanted to try and do the 3 exams in Dec instead by doing home study for MAC otherwise it means hanging around for an extra 6 months just for one exam.

Has anyone done this?

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    wow good luck if your doing that mate........
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    that was my original plan...only to find out it's so hard to sit 3 exams all closed together (MAC-BTC-DFS). I started in January and I wanted to finish everything by august, mission impossible!
  • Cyfarthfa
    Argh ok, i'll scrap that idea then! Have you just sat 2 exams this week? If so which 2 and how did you find it?
  • Londina
    I sat 3 exams and now I regret it! it was hard to revise 3 units, switching between them in the last couple of weeks, my head was exploding! Definately I didn't pass all 3 of them and have to repeat one in December, so a bit of waste of time (and money..)
  • Cyfarthfa
    Well you might be surprised - u'll have to let me know if you do pass all 3!
    I've just sat fra and ecr and found it fine that's why I thought i'd push for the three... but looks like i'll go for just the two.
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yeah i started in Jan, have just done the three exams and my head hurts! Working as well which is a pain but i need the money and experience!
  • Londina
    Yeah i started in Jan, have just done the three exams and my head hurts! Working as well which is a pain but i need the money and experience!

ah you too! how did you plan your studies? I did 1 month and an half for each unit, then mid May I started revision! Took time off from work from the 1st June, I planned 4 days for each unit but it wasn't enough for going through the essential, that's why I sat MAC and I wasn't prepared enough :crying:
  • alicemaylara
    I did tuition at college in the evenings after work! Tough after a day at work but hopefully ill pass first time :001_smile: i dont think i could have studied on my own i dont have the willpower!
  • Londina
    I did tuition at college in the evenings after work! Tough after a day at work but hopefully ill pass first time :001_smile: i dont think i could have studied on my own i dont have the willpower!

Instead I'm on distance learning...that's why it was also so hard!
    Which exams have you sat?
  • alicemaylara
    PTC, MAC, DFS :S you?
  • Londina
    I did MAC, BTC and DFS. So are you telling me colleges can manage to do classes for 3 units in just 6 months?
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    My college does Technician in a year. Well, about 8.5 months if you take all the holidays into account. That's 5 units plus the project.

Personally, I wouldn't want to rush and try to do all the exams at once as, not only is it a huge pressure, there is also the danger that you're learning just to pass an exam, rather than learning it properly for the future.
  • Marsbars
    Marsbars Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi,

I'm just about to start the Diploma level, which will consist of a skills test in July, 2 exams in Dec and one exam in June and the project. I wanted to try and do the 3 exams in Dec instead by doing home study for MAC otherwise it means hanging around for an extra 6 months just for one exam.

Has anyone done this?
    I started the AAT in 2001 and unfortunately I became sick but I still managed to pass a lot of my exams and simulation and still had some things to do such as the project. Anyway I took a few years off and last December I was persuaded to go back and finish everything otherwise I would loose all what I had already done. This meant I had to re-sit some exams I had already passed as well as simulations because of syllabus changes. Any way starting September I have passed PTC, IT & sage simulations, Health & Safety, Unit 6 simulations, unit 5 simulation and I am now waiting to see if I have passed the recent Unit 6 & 5 Exams sittings. What I am trying to say is if you want something badly enough and and is willing for 1 year to concentrate on you studies (remember you have the rest of you life to party) you can achieve anything you want. Aim high and it is within your grasp.
  • alicemaylara
    I did MAC, BTC and DFS. So are you telling me colleges can manage to do classes for 3 units in just 6 months?

Yeah! Kaplan are amazingly good. I did evening classes after work (hellish! didnt get home till 10pm!) Can't recommend them enough although I do pay ALOT because diploma has no funding available.

I thought technician in 6 months was the norm?
  • Londina
    lork wrote: ยป
    Personally, I wouldn't want to rush and try to do all the exams at once as, not only is it a huge pressure, there is also the danger that you're learning just to pass an exam, rather than learning it properly for the future.

You are right, this is what I felt so far!!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Ive just sat the ECR last week and start deploma in september currently attempting to start Unit 10 but going to do it over a year for sure through college 2 exams in dec and two in June 10 there would be no way i could do it any other way.

Thats if i dont have to re-sit ECR
  • Dancing Tech
    Dancing Tech Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I started studying for the Dipmola level at the end of February and sat BTC, DFS and MAC in June alongside doing Unit 10. I just got the approval back for Unit 10 to say it was competent. Just finishing off Unit 17 now to sit in a week. All I can say from my experience, it has been really hard, I have a full time job and a 6 year old daughter. I have had to sacrifice spending time with her, which wasn't nice and leading up to the exams had to put so so so so many hours in and I don't even know if I have passed. I did this with the support of my family, because I want a better life for her and for me.

What I am trying to say is if you want to do something you can do it, but you have to weigh up what you are willing to sacrifice to reach your goal. Whatever you decide, good luck.:thumbup:
  • Londina
    I started studying for the Dipmola level at the end of February and sat BTC, DFS and MAC in June alongside doing Unit 10. I just got the approval back for Unit 10 to say it was competent. Just finishing off Unit 17 now to sit in a week. All I can say from my experience, it has been really hard, I have a full time job and a 6 year old daughter. I have had to sacrifice spending time with her, which wasn't nice and leading up to the exams had to put so so so so many hours in and I don't even know if I have passed. I did this with the support of my family, because I want a better life for her and for me.

What I am trying to say is if you want to do something you can do it, but you have to weigh up what you are willing to sacrifice to reach your goal. Whatever you decide, good luck.:thumbup:

Are you SuperWoman?!?!? how can you manage to do that? Did not your brain feel to explode with the preparation of 3 exams? I was so knackered revising 3 units all in once, I wish I did differently
  • Dancing Tech
    Are you SuperWoman?!?!? how can you manage to do that? Did not your brain feel to explode with the preparation of 3 exams? I was so knackered revising 3 units all in once, I wish I did differently

It was hard, really hard. I thought at points would i manage to do it all, spent hours and hours on variances, trying to retrain my brain into understanding them and the cash flow statement, don't get me started. I really don't believe people realise how much you need to know for this qualification, but it was the thought of potentially waiting another 6 months, in a situation that I am not fond of, which spurred me on and gave me the drive. I don't know if I have passed, but for all the effort, I pray that I do!
    Good luck to you for the results, only 6 weeks to wait till we get them. :001_unsure:
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    dancin tech u have really impressed me . and more than that u have motivated me !! really hope u pass!
  • Dancing Tech
    wolfe wrote: ยป
    dancin tech u have really impressed me . and more than that u have motivated me !! really hope u pass!

Thank you for your comment Wolfe, it was very kind of you. Good luck with your studies.:thumbup:
Privacy Policy