Unit 10 assessment

blacksheep
blacksheep Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, just finished (phew) PEV and PCR, doing the rest (probably PTC BTC and DFS) by home study, but just buying the books not wasting money on a tutor I never use! If I do the project the same way, how is it assessed? I'll have to use a case study, not really in a position to base it on work right now.
Do I just do it myself with the textbook and then send it straight to AAT?
Really hoping to get the whole year finished by June 2010.

Comments

• bambilicious
    bambilicious Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    As far as I know - to sit anymore exams you need to be registered with a training provider, i could be wrong though?? As for the unit 10 project, so far I havent found the books much use really, always best to have a tutor to guide you along the way. x
  • blacksheep
    is it ok just to be registered as student with AAT? I can afford the books but can't possibly afford to pay for a full distance learning course again and I never once contacted my tutor in the year I paid to be able to use it. Complete waste of £300. was hoping that it wasn't necessary or i'll never be able to do it.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I did some of my exams by buying the texts and doing self study, as do other people.

As for the project, this is assessed by a college/centre so you will need to register for this with a collged/centre. Distance learning with BPP, FTC or Premier Training is usually aroun £100 to £150 per unit.

Neil
  • blacksheep
    thanks to both of you! I'm sticking with self study for PTC and BTC and DFS - so hopefuly i'll only have to get a college for the project.
  • Ian
    Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    blacksheep wrote: »
    thanks to both of you! I'm sticking with self study for PTC and BTC and DFS - so hopefuly i'll only have to get a college for the project.

You have to be registered with a centre to take any of the units!!!
  • blacksheep
    why? I did pcr and pev essentially by self-study - i paid for the distance learning with kaplan but heard nothing from them for the whole year. i also paid for dfs with them, but haven't got around to doing that exam yet and they dont' know (or don't care).
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    What about the simulations? I'm sure you need to be registered with a training provider if you take a unit where you need to complete a simulation???
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Rachey wrote: »
    What about the simulations? I'm sure you need to be registered with a training provider if you take a unit where you need to complete a simulation???

Hi

Yes you do, but depending on the options chosen it is possible to complete Technician/Diploma with the project as the only centre assessed component and the rest by examination.

Neil
Privacy Policy