Technician in one year

Ian
Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,
To cut a long story short. Is this possible to complete technician in one year? I have concerns and I wanted to see what you guys thought?

Comments

• alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    just tech stage? yes i just did it in 6 months dont no if i passed yet though
  • Ian
    just tech stage? yes i just did it in 6 months dont no if i passed yet though

Wow, when you say 6 months I assume that was 6 months of non stop. The college I am at only offer it over 2 years and this is far too long for me. I was thinking about doing two at dec 09 and then two at june 10 with the cash flow and project somewhere imbetween. I asked my tutor about doing it in a year and he gave the impression it was nearly impossible!
  • alicemaylara
    i think they mean all three stages, foundation, intermdiate and techniction, i have done all three in a year and a half and i have worked through out doing lessons in the evening will kaplan financial. Check out there timetables http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/TrainingandQuals/Accountancy/AAT/Pages/Dateslocationsandprices.aspx
  • Ian
    i think they mean all three stages, foundation, intermdiate and techniction, i have done all three in a year and a half and i have worked through out doing lessons in the evening will kaplan financial. Check out there timetables http://financial.kaplan.co.uk/TrainingandQuals/Accountancy/AAT/Pages/Dateslocationsandprices.aspx

I have had a look. This looks amazing btw. The only problem is that there is not a centre near me. I think that I will do one unit in lesson and then self teach my self one unit. Do you have a recommded first unit?
  • alicemaylara
    Erm I think it's either unit 30 or 31 called IAC I can check tomorrow :)
  • MOHMEDSALIM PATEL
    MOHMEDSALIM PATEL Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yes if you want to.

yes it possible as dfs is easy pev need some practice pcr as well but two tax papers or one tax and one cash management and credit control.if you want to it is possible.
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    I've just done it in a year (at college) and it is perfectly achievable. We did PEV & PCR from September to December, CMCC & IAP January to April and DFS April to June, with the project in our own time.
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    I just finished Technician in One year! I did PCR, PTC in Dec. Finished the Unit 10 project in Feb, did CMCC in Apr then PEV and DFS in Jun. So yes it is possible.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I also did it in one year, DFS BTC and PTC in June then PEV and PCR in December the project somewhere in between and Unit 17 as extra after December exams. Whilst working full time and only going to college once every 3-4 weeks.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Also a year. DFS Dec 07, then the other four June 08. It's the norm unless your schedule is particularly hectic.
  • alicemaylara
    I have sent you s private message regarding the best unit to do 1st
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    I also did it in one year, DFS BTC and PTC in June then PEV and PCR in December the project somewhere in between and Unit 17 as extra after December exams. Whilst working full time and only going to college once every 3-4 weeks.

Pretty much the same for me - BTC & PTC in December, PCR, PEV & DFS in June with Audit in August as I suddenly decided I wanted to do it! I was at college 6 hours a week.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think people are answering a couple of different questions, but I'm not sure which is actually being asked:

Can you do the Technician level (only) in one year?
    Yes, lots of people do. I did PEV and PCR in December 06, with DFS, BTC and PTC in June 07. (ie all in the 06/07 academic year)

Can you do all three levels of the AAT in two years (rather than three)?
    Probably, although it's rarer. You'd probably do it by doing Foundation and Intermediate in the same year.

Can you do all three levels of the AAT in a single year?
    Probably not. I don't want to say no, and if you had a lot of time to study in (ie full-time college) you might be able to do it.
  • Ian
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    I think people are answering a couple of different questions, but I'm not sure which is actually being asked:

Can you do the Technician level (only) in one year?
    Yes, lots of people do. I did PEV and PCR in December 06, with DFS, BTC and PTC in June 07. (ie all in the 06/07 academic year)

Can you do all three levels of the AAT in two years (rather than three)?
    Probably, although it's rarer. You'd probably do it by doing Foundation and Intermediate in the same year.

Can you do all three levels of the AAT in a single year?
    Probably not. I don't want to say no, and if you had a lot of time to study in (ie full-time college) you might be able to do it.

That really suprises me because my college in sussex only offer it as a two year course costing £405 per year, so £810 for the course. If however you want to do it in one year you have to self teach the units they do in year two and they still have the balls to charge 2 years worth of course fees even if you dont use the second year!
  • Bookworm55
    Which one do you mean? They try to put you through all three levels in two years, or spend two years doing the third level?

It does sound very weird though.
  • Ian
    They want to do technican over 2 years on its own. Meaning 1 year for foundation, 1 year for intermediate and 2 years for technican. That means 4 years over all
  • Bookworm55
    Ok, that's just pointless. I do know some people who didn't pass one of the Technician exams first time so had to resit one in December (ie 18 months), but planning to take 2 years is just weird.
  • Ian
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    Ok, that's just pointless. I do know some people who didn't pass one of the Technician exams first time so had to resit one in December (ie 18 months), but planning to take 2 years is just weird.

Tell me about it but it means that I have to self teach year two units!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    im starting in september at college doin it from sept - june...one day a week in college for 6 hours. My college also do it as modules over 2 years but i think that is too long and maybe a good option if you struggled really hard with intermediate perhaps??...
    :001_smile:
  • alicemaylara
    I still cant understand why they do it for two years!! Thats just silly! Id forget what i studied in the 1st year when it came to the exam :laugh:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I still cant understand why they do it for two years!! Thats just silly! Id forget what i studied in the 1st year when it came to the exam :laugh:

im not sure...i did think of doin it over 2 years as i thought it would be really hard but my tutor even advised me against it and said to do it in the year as i should have no problem with it....maybe it just looks good if the college offer it in lots of different ways in their prospectus i really dont know...??

:huh:
  • alicemaylara
    I guess if you work full time and have a family you might only want to take a few hours a week to study. Also in respect of paying for the fees it would make it easier to pay for it over a longer time. Mmm i'd rather get it over and done with!
Privacy Policy