No Motivation to do Unit 15

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I sat my FRA last week and am not feeling too confident but decided to try and start my next part which is Unit 15 CMCC. I just cant seem to get into it.:thumbdown: Read first two Chapters and cant remember a thing. Do you think I should have given myself a longer break after studying so much for the FRA or will it start to sink in eventually?:001_unsure:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    I sat my FRA last week and am not feeling too confident but decided to try and start my next part which is Unit 15 CMCC. I just cant seem to get into it.:thumbdown: Read first two Chapters and cant remember a thing. Do you think I should have given myself a longer break after studying so much for the FRA or will it start to sink in eventually?:001_unsure:

Hey Jewels

Id treat unit 15 like a plaster the sooner the things off the faster the pain is over.

I detested this unit (made hard work of it without any books) but its only a sim so not to bad. Jump in and it soon be over :001_smile:
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Hey Jewels

Id treat unit 15 like a plaster the sooner the things off the faster the pain is over.

I detested this unit (made hard work of it without any books) but its only a sim so not to bad. Jump in and it soon be over :001_smile:

Thanks that's just what I'll do!:001_smile:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    You are one chapter ahead of me already.

Looking at all the positives, its a small unit (as in my book only has eleven chapters :001_smile:) It is a sim so can do it at work, no exam nerves to have to overcome. Will get back to you with more soon :thumbup:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i have it to do aswell, oh well something to do whilst waiting for results

Tracy
  • jewels.p
    You are one chapter ahead of me already.

Looking at all the positives, its a small unit (as in my book only has eleven chapters :001_smile:) It is a sim so can do it at work, no exam nerves to have to overcome. Will get back to you with more soon :thumbup:

Did you enjoy your Curly Wurly's? I am still buying two packets a week and the Exams over. Now my excuse is I have to get through Unit 15!:laugh:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Only had one out of the package!!

Hubby is a terrible chocoholic

Have moved on to Kettle Chips, Balsamic vinegar and Sea Salt, damm Sainsburys and their two for Β£2 giant bags :blushing:
  • A-Vic
    now exams are over just had the biggest slice of coffee and walnut cake mmmmm m&s ruleeee
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Sandy Hood must shake his head in despair at threads like this. If you want to stay pigeon holed in practice, only ever do financial accounting, solely preparing accounts and working for others then I agree, you may not need CMCC. If you have any ambition, that maybe one day you might want to become self employed and offer accountancy services other than just standard book keeping then I'd recommend paying attention to this module. What if your struggling client ever looks at the P&L you've beautifully prepared for him then asks you for an aged debtor analysis, cashflow forecast, how best to chase a non-paying customer & hopefully without prejudicing future trade, where to invest any spare liquidity? Many of these skills are used in industry and the service sectors so you're limiting your future employment options by not learning them.

Since there are things in CMCC that you won't learn in any other part of the AAT syllabus, from the sounds of it, if you take the time out to learn these, you'll have an immediate employability advantage over the others who may have chosen to sleep through the module.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    CMCC is incredibly useful in practice, the cash flow forecasting is invaluable.

We did this unit for 2 hours a week with no books (at college, I'm not some kind of superhero) in 6 weeks and that included taking the simulation.

It was the fastest unit we covered and was quite straightforward to do.

Without doubt it has also been one of the ones I have used most since.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i have worked in credit control previously and i loved it, but i now need to know a lot more than just 'collecting debt'.

i did not say i was not looking forward to it, i think it will put alot of what i have learned already into perspective.

i have loads to do before the next exams and i think this will be a nice unit to ease myself back in again

Tracy

PS - bought a curly wurly from a german shop yesterday and it was yum!!
  • A-Vic
    CMCC is incredibly useful in practice, the cash flow forecasting is invaluable.

We did this unit for 2 hours a week with no books (at college, I'm not some kind of superhero) in 6 weeks and that included taking the simulation.

It was the fastest unit we covered and was quite straightforward to do.

Without doubt it has also been one of the ones I have used most since.

I totally agree and did it the same way, but for some reason (not sure if its how my brain works) but i did struggle with this unit. I also wish we had covered it a lot more if only to be able to understand it.
Privacy Policy