The whole of unit 10 in THREE WEEKS!

alicemaylara
alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Help, ive just been told that inorder to start my ACCA tuition in September and get exemptions i have to do unit 10 by the 19th July...i found this out today, is it possible or will i become mentally insane?
i was thinking of using my employment (accountant with 4 employees) trying to go paperless, do you think that would be ok?

Comments

• Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    I did my first draft in two weeks, then just a few amendments, mapping and then all done, its really not that bad:001_smile::001_smile:
  • alicemaylara
    Thats a relief, thank you
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I agree it is achievable. I think I spent around 30 hours in total on mine. Your choice of project sounds ideal.

Good luck!!!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Easy peasy. My project idea was something similar, we had just converted to paperless so I did mine on making our paperless procedures better, and that got me through so you should be fine :thumbup1:
  • sloshed
    sloshed Registered Posts: 100 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did my 1st draft iin 6 hours and spent another 3 do the amendments to pass. Your only problem is whether the assessor will get it back to you in time.

Best of luck
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    ya its possible. did it in 3 days from scratch
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    When you have done it and it has been passed, make sure your tutor informs AAT straight away or that could hold you up getting the exemptions from ACCA.

Also make sure you've joined ACCA first!!
  • alicemaylara
    Thanks for that encouragement i was panicing last night, i have also found i have to do unit 32 professional ethics and audit by august...Ah!
    For those going to ACCA this is really useful
    https://www.aat.org.uk/newscontent/item18358/
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    have to work hard but i think you should be easily do it in 3 weeks......
  • The Deadman
    The Deadman Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    I got mine out the way in christmas when everyone else was busy stuffing themselves with turkey. 3 weeks ? You could go mental if you get a mental block over anything. Otherwise time for talking is over and time for writing is now.
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    I think as long as you have a game plan, ie know what you are going to write about and know the format of the project then it is easily done
  • Dancing Tech
    Dancing Tech Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi there, I am pretty sure all your units have to be completed by the 20th July to submit to AAT so they can submit to ACCA should you wish to start in September. This would mean Unit 32 and Unit 17 also.

I had to change my unit 17 from a taught class to a 2 week home study to meet the deadline. I thought I would make you aware of my situation, so you can best judge your own going forward. Good luck.
  • alicemaylara
    Not good:huh:
    Thanks for letting me know
Privacy Policy