PCR June 09 Sandy's answer

SandyHood
SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
I have prepared my answer for PCR.
If you would like a copy, you are welcome to email me. Thje subject line must read as follows:

Anything else won't work, so I recommend copy and pasting - you'd probably not be surprised (but I was !!) at how many came in for ECR and PEV using O9rather than 09
This year I'm asking those of you who find the answers I have produced to visit this website
http://www.justgiving.com/firequacker/?pid=1940450&dtpn=1#DonationTable
Monique Parsons is a friend my son and ran on Sunday to raise money for Prostate UK. Her father passed away on 28th May 2008 from prostate cancer. So I hope that in the future the lives of more men will be saved because of the medical research and training that can be financed by donating though this website.
By asking you to donate in this way, it makes Gift Aid much easier to claim. At the time I set up the PCR answer email she had £465, I hope with the help of AAT exam candidates she can increase this a lot.
Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. Prostate UK gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

Thank you
Sandy
sandy@sandyhood.com
www.sandyhood.com

Comments

• lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks again Sandy, you're a star!

:thumbup1:
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks, will make a donation at weekend:thumbup::thumbup:
  • hfadkins19
    hfadkins19 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks Sandy. Have just made a donation :001_smile:
  • ccreaven
    ccreaven Registered Posts: 119 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Thanks

Thanks Sandy.

Can someone help please?? I can only seem to access part 2 of the answers.

Thanks
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi ccreaven

The sreadsheet opens on the second section but the tabs are at the bottom of the screen to choose the page you want - there are three pages in all.

All the best.

Lou123
    :001_smile:
  • stephdav82
    stephdav82 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Sandy,
    I have looked at your answers and agree mostly with them which im glad about.
    During the exam I got confused about the delivery costs in Question 1.2.
    The paper stated that delivery costs to for each customer were 16pence but at the top of the info it said that the clearance stock was sold to the department store. I took this to mean that they wouldn't be delivering those stocks to customers and therefore delivery charges only on catologue price.
    I did write on the paper my assumptions. Have I read too much into the question?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well just wondering if you have snet or will send them to me . i have emailed you privately and through here too....would love to see the ansers you have and also if you have to pcr paper too !

cheers

Mark
  • koda
    koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi.... I'm hoping someone could clear something up for me.

I can't remember my exact answers but I do remember getting an operating profit of £281,040.... my difference of £18,720 to this answer being the difference in sales rep costs. I only calculated 2,119,500 rather than the total of all garments x £0.04 as the variable cost (£45k being fixed) as in the question it said the sales reps earn commission for every garment sold at catalogue price.... or have I mis-read the question?

Thanks.:thumbup1:
  • ccreaven
    lou123 wrote: »
    Hi ccreaven

The sreadsheet opens on the second section but the tabs are at the bottom of the screen to choose the page you want - there are three pages in all.

All the best.

Lou123
    :001_smile:

Thanks Lou, mine only has page 2 I think it;s where I don't have excel at home so I can't change anything. Could someone email me the other pages please?? ccreaven@hotmail.co.uk Thanks
  • carl2687
    carl2687 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    don't know if its just me, but on sandys answers, on 2.1 part iv) it appears as though she has added the fixed cost instead of subtracting it, making a £30,000 swing? this means the nxt part of the question will be wrong, because my contribution was 0.72p not 0.70p?
    if anyone could clear this up for me?
  • ccreaven
    carl2687 wrote: »
    don't know if its just me, but on sandys answers, on 2.1 part iv) it appears as though she has added the fixed cost instead of subtracting it, making a £30,000 swing? this means the nxt part of the question will be wrong, because my contribution was 0.72p not 0.70p?
    if anyone could clear this up for me?

I thought that I had £0.10 instead of £0.12 in Sandy's answer but I don't know if I am right????:001_unsure:
  • carl2687
    im pretty sure it should be £0.10p but maybe im wrong haha, we'll have to see what she says, maybe shes made a mistake, or can explain why we are wrong.
  • SandyHood
    Koda
    Thanks, I've updated my answer to base it on the catalogue rather than the total garments sold
    Mark
    The
    is working well as far as I can see
    carl2687
    You are quite right. I'd entered the fixed cost as a negative and then subtracted it causing an addition. Thank you too. Yes the variable cost of power is now £0.10.
    stephdav82
    The thought went through my mind about that, I ploughed on assuming all the garments would incur delivery costs. Now you've raised the point again, I like the idea but I'm sticking to my own view. Symon Karli are not a mail-order company they supply retailers. My interpretation is that they sell to independent and small chains who buy from a catalogue, much as we at college buy our stationery using a catalogue from the wholesaler.

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • carl2687
    have you checked on what i commented on sandy?
  • po1988
    po1988 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sandy, thanks for your answer.. however for task 1.2 doesnt the first point say the garments sold at catalog is 10% less and more for each one.

Looking at your answers you got the 10% increse or decrease on the total garments not just for catalog.

Therefore i remember on the clearence ones i had to do 20/80 to get clearence amount for one and 15/85 for the other.
  • SandyHood
    po1988
    I've taken your point and modified based on your point
    Interestingly, the final profit of £281,040 remains unchanged by the modification.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    I used to send out my answers to a panel of proof readers (some of whom I might have described rather rudely as chocolate teapots for all the help they provided)
    Using the forum has been far more forthcoming and I appreciate everyone's help.
    Once I've finalised my answers I can look at "what if" scenarios if anyone wishes, e.g. the what if we treated delivery costs as only applying to sales at catalogue prices.

Thank you
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i have had a look through your answers Sandy - but i cannot remember what I put for the answers, I printed the exams again today to try and have a go again, but my mind has gone blank on both pev and pcr.

but thanks for doing the answers so quickly. it is appreciated and i am sure it has put a lot of peoples mind at rest one way or the other.

boy do i wish i had wrote my answers down on a piece of paper and brought it out with me.

Tracy
  • po1988
    po1988 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks so much for answers, and i will donate as soon as i get paid lol.

Btw do you hjave the updated answers as i get the same one when resend the email,

If possible could you send me your updated ones to pok_hin_cheung@hotmail.com

Thanks
  • coco78
    coco78 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    PCR June 09 Section 2.2

Hi Sandy

Thank you for your answer. I am happy with my answer in section one even though my revised profit is a £1mil more than yours. I think the reason for this is because I did not amend the material figure.

My main worry is my answer for section 2.2. My answer for section 2.1 is same to yours and the email is reasonable to score some points. But section 2.2, I did the operating budget statement using the absorption costing method instead of marginal costing.
    I feel so sick. I knew when I did it that it was wrong, but my mind went blank when they stated that I have to separate the variable and fixed cost.

Do you think I will fail on this section or will they still give points for doing the absorption costing way? :crying:
Privacy Policy