Help - could I pass the entrance exam ?????

hztm
hztm Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,
I really would appreciate your help. I want to study AAT at my local college but they are only offering Level 3 and Level 4. They have said that I might be able to study Level 3 but I will have to pass an entrance test which they have described as

The test is on double entry book-keeping for cash and credit transactions (including VAT). You will be required to post a series of transactions in the relevant ledger accounts, balance off the accounts and take out a trial balance. It should take about 2 hours to complete – although you are allocated 3 hrs because it is not a test of speed.

I just wondered if this is a standard test that I can get some further information on. I have just completed A levels which included some accounting in Business Studies. I have found an online course for AAT Certificate in Accounting which seems quite good - do you think I would be able to pass the exam with this (early July)? Thank you very much for any advice.

Comments

• Ian
    Ian Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor ⭐
    hztm wrote: »
    Hi,
    I really would appreciate your help. I want to study AAT at my local college but they are only offering Level 3 and Level 4. They have said that I might be able to study Level 3 but I will have to pass an entrance test which they have described as

The test is on double entry book-keeping for cash and credit transactions (including VAT). You will be required to post a series of transactions in the relevant ledger accounts, balance off the accounts and take out a trial balance. It should take about 2 hours to complete – although you are allocated 3 hrs because it is not a test of speed.

I just wondered if this is a standard test that I can get some further information on. I have just completed A levels which included some accounting in Business Studies. I have found an online course for AAT Certificate in Accounting which seems quite good - do you think I would be able to pass the exam with this (early July)? Thank you very much for any advice.

Download the Foundation PLB paper. If you can complete that then you will be ok to start intermediate. If you cannot I recommend doing a book keeping course first.
  • hztm
    Hi Ian,

Thank you for the advice. I am sorry if I am having a blonde moment but, am I able to download the paper from the AAT website as I cannot find it. Thanks
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Someone may be able to correct me, but I don't think you have access to the past exam papers as they are only available after you log in.
    Try and register for MyAAT on the front page and see what happens.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Someone may be able to correct me, but I don't think you have access to the past exam papers as they are only available after you log in.
    Try and register for MyAAT on the front page and see what happens.

Correct.
  • hztm
    I don't suppose there is any other way I can get the paper.

I need to have a membership number to log in - I cannot join until I know that I am going to be accepted on the course.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Have you tried the AAT Skillcheck - I don't remember what questions they ask as it was over 2 years ago when I tried it, but they test your knowledge to advise you which level you would be most suited to starting at.

http://www.aatskillcheck.org/
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I can post you one if you want, maybe your work address? I printed off about 30 before my Plb exam and never got around to it!

If i can help, email me on katie.prince@tesco.net

Katie
  • AK002
    Either that or PM me your e-mail address and i'll send you a PDF of the paper.
  • hztm
    Hi,

Katie and AK002 - thank you very much indeed for your very kind offers. I really would appreciate a copy of the paper via PDF and have PM'd AK002.

Thank you all again - it really is appreciated.
  • AK002
    Hi there

I've had a look on the website and can't see the PLB exam.

If someone could send me a link for it i will then PDF it to you.

Ta
  • hztm
    Big thanks to everyone for your assistance - and a very big thank you to Katie - I now have a paper.
Privacy Policy