Applying for ACCA

alicemaylara
alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am starting the process of applying to start ACCA in September but what happens if i fail one unit in AAT? Can i still continue with ACCA or will i have to postpone?

Comments

• You will have to postpone as they will only grant you the first level exemptions upon completion of the full AAT course. Withought those exemptions you can't do the professional exams.
  • alicemaylara
    ah ok thanks, so i can still apply now even though i dont no if i have passed?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    There is a deadline by which you need to join and another by which you need to claim your exemptions by.

You can ask AAT to send your results directly to ACCA for you to speed that process up but you need to have become an ACCA student member before their deadline.
  • alicemaylara
    Thanks :) I think the deadline in sometime is August better get my act together
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    dont you think that the deadline should be at least two-three weeks after your exams come out !!!
  • Bluewednesday
    It doesn't matter what you think they should be, they are what they are and set by another body. Maybe AAT exams should be earlier?????
  • mark130273
    It doesn't matter what you think they should be, they are what they are and set by another body. Maybe AAT exams should be earlier?????

why are you involved in ACCA then !!!

but i must agree about the exam resuls....surely they must be able to come out quicker than they do....

"i am and dont call me surely" classic line from airplain
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    dont you think that the deadline should be at least two-three weeks after your exams come out !!!

Don't the ACCA give an extended deadline to AAT students of 31 August? Also AAT will release your exam results to ACCA earlier than they are released to students, to allow them to claim exemptions.
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Here is a link from the front page of the website, which tells you what you need to do to apply for excemptions and how to get your results sent, when they come out on the 17th August.

http://www.aat.org.uk/home/newscontent/item21525/
  • Tommy
    Tommy Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    To allow AAT to send the results to ACCA you must provide a client number which I assume you get from registering costing ยฃ66 I think. This initial registration only lasts until January so if you fail a paper then its money wasted! Think this is a bit unfair. But then again so is the ยฃ50 per paper you claim exemptions from just to start in at P4.
  • Bluewednesday
    Especially when you get 3 exemptions and have to pay ยฃ150 for that along with whatever exams you'll be taking then.

I'm sure it is a typo but you start at F4 not P4, I'm not trying to be pedantic it's just you can't do P papers until the F papers are done

It's the same when you gain membership even after paying the student fee you have to pay ยฃ181 to get your letters (whenever it falls in the year) and another ยฃ181 the following January and every year after that!
  • Tommy
    Tommy Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Yes that was a typo, apologies! :)
  • laurlou
    laurlou Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    AAt offer fast track.

ACCA deadline 15th august, results sento to acca from aat on the 17th...
  • mark130273
    AAt offer fast track.

ACCA deadline 15th august, results sento to acca from aat on the 17th...

so is that right ? deadline is before the results come out ?:confused1:
  • Bluewednesday
    Deadline to join ACCA and take exams in Dec is 15th August.

You can apply for exemptions as long as AAT send your final results in to ACCA. I believe you have to apply to AAT to do this after you have your ACCA student registration number. ACCA extend the exemptions date for AAT students.

Beware it can take a few weeks for your registration to go through.
  • mark130273
    thanks for that bluewed
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    is it true you can get reduced AAT membership fees while studying ACCA?
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Especially when you get 3 exemptions and have to pay ยฃ150 for that along with whatever exams you'll be taking then

This is what I thought I was the case but I'e just sat my first ACCA exam after AAT and didn't have to pay any exemption fees... or should I not own up to that, lol :001_tt2:
  • Bluewednesday
    I'm sure a bill will be on it's way Sarah! It's unlike ACCA to drop that little money spinner!!!

How did it go?
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I thinks it's a little bit of a cheek to charge a full exam fee for an exemption. My ACA ones cost ยฃ300! Can't they do them at 25-50% off or something, to reward those who have already forked out for previous courses?:huh:

A-Vic - yes you do: I'm paying just ยฃ49 for 09/10 as I also have the ยฃ5 discount for paying by direct debit.
  • mark130273
    tell you something i think that ACCA and that must make a humungus wad of cash from exam fees ????
  • Bluewednesday
    I guess so
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm sure a bill will be on it's way Sarah! It's unlike ACCA to drop that little money spinner!!!

How did it go?

Haha that's what I thought! I have been a member for nearly a year though so you never know!

Not too sure, I think if I passed it would be a scrape through. Was my first time home studying which was quite a challenge as I did AAT at college. Hopefully back to college in September though if my new employer will fund it :)
Privacy Policy