Which units from Auditing/Personal/Business Tax do people choose and why?

reddwarf
reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I understand you have to do two of the three above for Diploma. What advice have you been given by college/course provider? And which did you choose and why?

Thanks anyone!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey red

Ive already deceided to do the tax papers (exams) as i work in practise and the main service provided is tax returns and starting to do them at work. However am starting to get tempted by the Audit simulation - due to it been something new and something that would come in handy later on
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Is the Audit option a simulation rather than an exam?
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I chose cash & credit which was just a skills test and will be more than likely doing Personal Tax in December. I have heard Audit is very easy but it is not something I will ever need so opted for something else.
  • A-Vic
    Is the Audit option a simulation rather than an exam?

Yeah the Tax (personal & Business) are exams the audit is a sim
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi, if you fancy doing ACA later on think about doing all four.
  • A-Vic
    Hi, if you fancy doing ACA later on think about doing all four.

That was what i was thinking about but id have to do the rest stand alone as the college wont allow me to do them all
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm going to choose Business Tax exam & Audit sim as i work in practice and i am getting sent to my first audit as an audit junior in a few weeks, and have to deal with CT600 prep on a daily basis.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    wish we had the choise........MY college told us which ones we are doing ?
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor โญ
    Ditto :001_rolleyes:
  • mark130273
    Pinkjo wrote: ยป
    Ditto :001_rolleyes:

why your not from wirral met ?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    My college insisted we all did both tax units. We didn't have the option of cash management or audit.
  • mark130273
    My college insisted we all did both tax units. We didn't have the option of cash management or audit.

trust me you didnt want to do them units ?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    trust me you didnt want to do them units ?

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you telling me you think I was right not to do those units or asking me if I wanted to do them?

I didn't really have any preference. I think the tax units were interesting, but I haven't been able to put them into practice.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Can't remember what other units we're doing at my college next year, but I know we're doing the personal tax unit. My tutor has said that she plans to do the business tax unit as an optional extra, which I'm seriously considering.
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    I was told that if you are progressing onto Cima then its best to do both the tax units and the other two if you are going to progress onto ACCA.
  • A-Vic
    Luflux wrote: ยป
    I was told that if you are progressing onto Cima then its best to do both the tax units and the other two if you are going to progress onto ACCA.

I might be wrong but i was told the other way around
  • mark130273
    so if i only did the audit and cash management units . what does this mean for me if i want to do ACCA ?
  • A-Vic
    so if i only did the audit and cash management units . what does this mean for me if i want to do ACCA ?

as put before try and do all four.

But i know my college have introuced ACCA this year and they want us to continue on after AAT so they will get us to do the most apropriate units for that
  • mark130273
    well didnt have the choose of the other units and didnt want to take them by myself ...when i didnt have too .......just hoping i dont have to do an extra year to become chartered ??
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Mark you don't have to take any particular options to get your exemptions, you will get the same amount no matter what.

I actually did cash management and both taxes (college gave us the option to do 3 if we wanted) and found the taxes really useful for the business tax paper of ACCA but no extra exemptions for it.

I would recommend you take the ones you can and don't worry about it
Privacy Policy