Advice needed on ACCA further study options

jay cutler
jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
Wondering if someone could help me. I wish to study ACCA after AAT but the problem is I'm going to lose my temp job in Sept and don't think i will be able to fund college ACCA classes myself. I may have to take home study options if this is cheaper as my job search looks like it may mean I have to move to find the right job. Cut the long story short does anyone recommend any home study ACCA courses and prices if possible ? I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Unlike AAT you don't have to register with a study program for ACCA.

You can just get the books and work through them yourself and then take the exams at your local exam centre (which is the same for anyone regardless of who they study with). Obviously however you get no tutor support this way.

Don't underestimate how much work will be involved in home study though.

If you have a look on www.accountancystudents.co.uk they have a thriving ACCA section which has lots of comments about home study
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for the advice Bluewednesday. I'll check out the website. I was hoping I could get some kind of home study support, like open university degree courses do if thats still possible. If not then I'm sure my AAT knowledge should be enough with the books.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Oh you can definitely get home study support.

Some places to look at are Kaplan, BPP, Get through guides, Premier Training etc

They all do distance learning packages
Privacy Policy