sage bad debts written off

meibaker
meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
how to write off a bad debts? it said on the book click on tools then choose write off,but there wasn't a write off?

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

Select Customers, then on the left hand of the screen under the heading tasks select write off/refund, then follow the on screen prompts to correctly deal with your bad debt.

Regards

Tracy
  • meibaker
    hi, i am being very very stupid now, is it customer refund? when i followed the customer refund, it double it up, not written off? there wan't a write off ?
  • columbia
    Hi

You want to write off a customer transaction.
  • meibaker
    yes.
  • meibaker
    please someone help me, what i did was customers ---> customer refund---> and it comes up with a cheque kinds of form??? then if i do a report on that, it doesn't write off anything, but opposite! please someone tell me where did i go wrong
  • columbia
    Meibaker

You don't want the customer refund, you want to highlight "write off customer transactions", this will prompt you to a screen to highlight the customer name, then you wil be prompted to highlight the transaction/s that you want to write off.
  • meibaker
    hi, there wasn't a write off customer transaction on mine.
    under tasks, there are new customer, edit customer,new quotation, new invoice,receive payment, post invoice,new credit,customer refund and late payment charge. then links are customer list, quotation list, invocie list, activities.aged balance,batch inovice,cutomer defaults,invoive default,report,invoicing your customer.
    dont have write off.
  • columbia
    Ok, you must have a different version to me, in which case I would post a dummy invoice to the customers account using the batch invoice facility, and with the suspense nominal code.

This will clear the customers account and show that the "bad Debt" amount is no longer due.

Then I would do a journal out of suspense and into 8100 Bad Debt Write off, using the T9 nominal code with a description saying the name of the customer who's amount had been written off.
  • meibaker
    thanks so much for your help.
  • columbia
    No probs

Hope it works!!
  • meibaker
    yes , it did. thanks so so smuch for your help. x
Privacy Policy