Eagle -study buddy - how does this work?

reddwarf
reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
This seems an advantage of Eagle's support but how does it work?

Thanks!

Comments

• KVeevers
    KVeevers Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor โญ
    you read the study buddy and you do what it tells you to do

you only read yout tutorial book when the study buddys tell you to do so. i got confused at first but you will go round it after a while. which unit are you on ?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have just received my package from Eagle, I am currently working through Unit 10 so only had a quick look at the Study Buddies. From what I have seen it is like having a tutor with you, you pick up the study buddy which talks you through what you are going to learn then it tells you what pages to read in the text book then gives you a wee quiz and tells you then what assignments to do in the Osborne Workbook.

I dealt with Kaplan for Intermediate and all you got with them was a textbook and a date to have mock exams returned by. I also found their textbooks tended to waffle on a bit (only in my opinion)
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thanks guys, that's really helpful. We (four of us) are trying to pick a distance learning provider for Diploma level for various reasons college is proving difficult.

I agree re Kaplan books, the layout does not flow, on occasion I have found more info., on a particular point in their books but they are not concise at all!!

Premier and Eagle seem to get the best comments from students on this forum....

I am intrigued by the 'pass guarantee' from Kaplan, I have asked them exactly how that works!! Sounds brilliant!!! To good to true!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have went with Eagle for Tech. level, only been with them for a month and started on Unit 10. I have had more feedback and tutor support in that time than I did with Kaplan in over a year
  • tjc
    tjc Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Where do you sit the exams, when studying with Eagle?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    You will sit as an external student at centres which accept us. I sat my FRA at LondonSam.

When you book your exams on the AAT website it will show you a list of centres which you can chose from.
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi,

I did intermediate with Eagle and am now doing Technician.
    The study buddy is great - it really is like having a tutor!
    The support i have received from Eagle has been great and always prompt.

I would highly recommend them.

Ampsie
    :001_smile:
  • tjc
    tjc Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    You will sit as an external student at centres which accept us. I sat my FRA at LondonSam.

When you book your exams on the AAT website it will show you a list of centres which you can chose from.

• Suzy
    Suzy Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Eagle vs Kaplan

I studied with Eagle for the first year and found it a bit irritating to go backwards and forwards between the study buddy and the text books but after moving to Kaplan for my 2nd year I am seriously considering going back to Eagle! I agree that the Kaplan text books are overcomplicated and waffly compared to the actual exam papers! Just looking at my emails - I got 27 from my tutor at Eagle and 5 from Kaplan (all round robin emails too). It is nice to hear that other people have experienced the same issues. :001_smile:
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    Nice to hear positive things about home study - as much as I enjoyed learning in my own time it ended up as me, myself and I plus the text books.
    I have pretty much finished with BPP, books are good and you get all the information you need - I just found it hard to get a tutor when I needed one. !!
Privacy Policy