Paying for AAT NVQ Level 3

oli
oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
hi there,

when i started the foundation course last year i was told that if i didnt have an nvq level 2 that the tuition fees for the foundation course would be remitted and also i would pay half price for simulatons, aat membership and also the main exam. i have now completed the foundation level (hopefully passed the exam) and now want to go onto the nvq level 3 aat course, now am i right in thinking that if you are between 19-25 and it will be your nvq level 3 that the tuition fees will be remitted again?

The reason i ask is because i have looked at the price of the intermediate level tuition fees and simply cannot afford to pay £600-£650, if it wasnt for remitting my tuition fees last year i wouldnt of been able to afford the course.

Any advice would be well appreciated :)

oli

Comments

• markgray
    markgray Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Are you working at the moment? Are you in receipt of any benefits? If so you can get an amount knocked off the fees. Depending on benefits and earnings it may be free, but you have to pay for the exams.
  • oli
    oli Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    I work full time, not in receipt of any benefits and i am 22 years old.
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    you should be able to get an apprentiship if you arent a graduate - think these are 16-25 years old. you are rite the fees are quite high for wat you get. do you know kaplan so payment plan over 3 or 6 months. I am doing foundation with them and paid £205 per month over 6 months. The total for the level was £1200.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    I got Level 3 for free as i didnt have any other Level 3 qualification. So the answer to your question is yes!! I just hope its a nationwide thing and not just to specific colleges! I think its government funded though, so it should be available at all colleges/learning providers etc.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Foundation and itermediate are "free" or rather funded by the government if you are 16-19 years old, and in full time employement. (In Scotland anyway).

This is what I am currently doing. All I (or my work) have to pay is registration fees, admin fees, exam fees and subscription fees.
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    oli if u work in accounting industry it will be free through TRAIN TO GAIN programme check it online
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I thought apprenticeships were funded for 16-19 year olds then over 25's? That's how mine worked anyway
  • Laura Cameron
    Laura Cameron Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    AK002 wrote: »
    Foundation and itermediate are "free" or rather funded by the government if you are 16-19 years old, and in full time employement. (In Scotland anyway).

This is what I am currently doing. All I (or my work) have to pay is registration fees, admin fees, exam fees and subscription fees.

hi,

I am working in full time employement and am 18 years old, i haev jsut completed level 3 and going on to level 4 how do you get it for free ?

Thanks
    Laura
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Laura, best to speak to your College, mine was Kaplan that were offering that.

They did all the paper work etc my work just had to sign a formal agreement etc to say i was employed.
Privacy Policy