My time has come

Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
I am sure this will come to no surprise to some but I have decided it’s time for me to move on.

I am feeling a little battle scared and I am fed up of some saying ‘you think you’re so superior’ etc. etc. (This hasn’t just come from the recent postings as it has happened before.) In my defence I do enjoy replying to posts and sharing any knowledge I have or any research I have done. The lack of my own question asking comes from a fortunate position I am in where I can ask elsewhere. Perhaps the minority think this is where they think, I think I am superior to them/others?

There is some extremely good MiPs on these forum’s and a lot that I would like to think of as friends. Feeling like I have to go is quite sad but my sheer frustration of some is enough to make me want leave. Like I said elsewhere, when I am content enough to think ‘oh well, not my client, not my PI claim’ or ‘why should that bother me, don’t worry about it’ I will return. However, at the moment I don’t think like that - I genuinely worry about clients’ that are nothing to do with me.

I would like to keep in contact with most (I’m sure you know who you are) and if you want my opinion on anything then please PM me.

Regards and goodbye

Dean

Comments

• AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    You'll be missed. Hope to see you back here soon.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks for all your help Dean
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Certainly is a shame Dean, that a few have to spoil it for you and for the others who actually really appreciate your input.

I often read the forums picking up additional knowledge for the future and often look out for comments from those of you more experienced.

My only worry is now that you wont be reading through an replying to posts on here, what are you going to do with all the spare time???

Maybe time for a new hobby, knitting or golf or whatever may take your fancy.

Take care Dean, you will be missed
    Regards,

Burg
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Dean you will be missed, and thanks for your contribution to this forum.:thumbup1:
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Dean
    I myself have not been on the forums much lately, but I do know your posts have been a valuable contribution to many and would like to personally thank you for all the help and advice you have given me in the past.
    I would like to think we can still keep in touch so will pm you every now & then.

Take care & thanks again.

Sharon
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Take care Dean and thank you for all your contributions. Forums can get a bit 'funny' sometimes and so having a break is good.
    That said, I hope to see you again soon.

Have fun and stuff :001_smile:
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm glad you're going - far too much confusion with our names!!

;)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Dean,

WTF? You are simply not allowed to leave the Forums without permission. For me, you've always been amongst the higher tier of AAT posters, other members being peugeot (or whatever he likes to call himself these days - hey, Opal Fruits are still Opal Fruits right?), Annette, Claudia, Dean S, Jodie, Sharon, Sandy etc. This is not a definitive list so apologies to those who I've missed, but all those names I've mentioned have become very well known to the most of us over the years while the depth of information you've all imparted has always been trustworthy, extremely knowledgable and at times, astounding. You give your time for free - and some of the posts you've all written have been quite considerable - and you've helped a great many people along the way.

It's thanks to you guys that many have progressed from the once lower levels of the qualification to achieving MAAT status with some even becoming MIP's themselves. Should any of you choose to leave the forums it will be a sad loss for those wishing to tap your wealth of knowledge.

Plus I said you can't leave anyway. None of you. So there.
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Dean,

It's been a pleasure.

But, please reconsider your position different opinions/interpretations are an absolute must in this 'democratic' society that we live in.

Poodle
  • micklynch
    micklynch Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Hi. I am new to this forum but having read through some of the recent posts am not sure how I feel about being on here! There seems to have been a lot of negative posts on here recently. I don't know the history of what has gone on but it seems to me a shame when a decent bloke like Dean feels he has to step down from the Forum just because of a few people. Just thought I would add my tuppence worth - hope I haven't said anything out of turn.
    Mick
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello Dean,

Ive been reading all different parts of this forum and have read,(hopefully) digested and learnt from posts ranging from so many different angles of AAT, tax,payroll etcetc so have come across your posts.

Echoing people who have posted in this thread maybe but i have appreciated and seen the sharing and writing of knowledge in this vast field. Found your posts among the inspiring ones. Thank You.

The internet is a mass of people, opinions, emotions, cross wires,and can get alittle what to say..crazy? wild? turbulent? and overwhelming. breaks can be good.
    Have a good break.

Regards Ponder
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'll miss you Dean!

Dean S you'll just have to start debating the controversial questions with your good self now...
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    JodieR wrote: »
    Dean S you'll just have to start debating the controversial questions with your good self now...

It's the only way to have a sensible discussion!!

:001_tongue:
  • micklynch
    And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final posting.
    My friend, Ill say it clear,
    Ill state my case, without any boasting.

Ive lived a life thats full.
    Ive traveled each and evry highway;
    And more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Exams, Ive done a lot;
    But then again, too many to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each chartered course;
    Each careful step along the byway,
    But more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Im sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew.
    But through it all, when there was doubt,
    I knew the facts and spelled them out.
    I faced it all and I stood tall;
    And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
    Ive had my fill; my share of posting.
    And now, as tears subside,
    I'm sick and tired of getting a roasting.

To think I did all that;
    And may I say - not in a shy way,
    No, oh no not me,
    I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught.
    To say the things he truly feels;
    And not the words of one who kneels.
    The record shows I took the blows -
    And did it my way!
  • blobbyh
    Dean's birthday today, 30th June. Wonder if he had a sneaky, anonymous look in? Such a shame he stuck to his guns by never coming back, unlike the toys out of pram thing I occasionally suffer from!
  • I did pick up on a condesending attitude from Dean but his advice was valued.
  • micklynch
    Always sad when such a valued member decides to call it quits just because of a few people who spoil it. As long as the other Dean doesn't decide to leave as well or we would all be stuck for advice.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Dean knew his stuff. Red_Devil's a bigger loss though, always found his posts funny.
  • blobbyh
    Don and Sonny, hey you're both entitled to your opinions but you did both join after Dean left so have read his posts out of time. I found Dean to have a very good sense of humour, always ready to help but able to show restraint when it was needed, unlike others (including myself). I never saw any condescending attitude in my communications with him since he started out as one of us.

I'll never forget the time he posted a huge retard picture during an argument with another poster on the Accountancy Students forum (I think it was that site, on one of the rare occasions I visited it) despite him being one of the admins over there. So funny but he saw sense soon after and removed it!
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think twelve months or so is enough cooling off time!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Welcome back Mr Dean!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    good timing i think the trolls have gone for the meantime
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    What is the definition of a troll?

I mean what do you have to be or do?

P.S Welcome back Dean (dont think I have had the pleasure of meeting you before but you sound like a nice chap from what a few others have said) :001_smile:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    welcome back you have been missed - now we have another invaluable source of info

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    jewels.p wrote: »
    What is the definition of a troll?

I mean what do you have to be or do?

P.S Welcome back Dean (dont think I have had the pleasure of meeting you before but you sound like a nice chap from what a few others have said) :001_smile:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/group.php?groupid=7

lol

What is a troll?
    In email discussion lists, online forums, and Usenet newsgroups, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The term can also refer to someone making such a posting ("a troll") or to the action ("trolling", "to troll").

The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a newsgroup or mailing list for as long as several weeks. These messages are transmitted around the world to thousands of computers, wasting network resources and costing money for people who pay to download email or receive Usenet news. Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions.

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions:
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    welcome back
    Regards,

Burg
  • blobbyh
    Bloody Hell Dean, I see they let you out on parole then... ;)
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Welcome back

Dean v Dean

Round 2

PS you are 8 days late !!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Welcome back who ever you are :p
  • A-Vic
    Poodle wrote: »
    Dean v Dean

Round 2

PS you are 8 days late !!

and theres another that disappears a lot lol hey poodle :)
Privacy Policy