Has anyone noticed this or is it just me?

blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
You can't go back and edit old posts after a while should you have second thoughts? I remember the edit capability being a problem when Toadface went thread wrecking a couple of years ago but didn't know locking had ever appeared on the "new" forum. I can edit ones I did within the last few days but any before that appear locked. Has it always been like this and I've never noticed before?

Can anyone else check this with their old posts so we can gauge a rough timescale for locking?

Comments

• mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    It doesn't seem all that long. Before today, my last post was on Saturday and that's now locked. I have to admit I never really paid that much attention to the edit function before, to see if it was still in use for my old posts.

I have used it to change posts that i have recently posted and then realised that i shouldn't have said something, as i didn't read the previous reply properly or was completly dumb. I think that we have all been there and posted something that we regreted, however it should let us change our posts anytime that we want.
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    blobbyh wrote: »
    You can't go back and edit old posts after a while should you have second thoughts? I remember the edit capability being a problem when Toadface went thread-wrecking a couple of years ago but didn't know locking had ever appeared on the 'new' forum. I can edit ones I did within the last few days, but any before that appear locked. Has it always been like this and I've never noticed before?

Can anyone else check this with their old posts so we can gauge a rough timescale for locking?

At least we can still edit quotes, if we wish.

Another forum I frequent only allows you four hours.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Baggybooks wrote: »
    At least we can still edit quotes to make people look foolish, if we wish.
    So we can
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I can't now go back and edit my first post so I'm guessing it's forty eight hours...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Repeaters wrote: »
    Don't get much worse in temping land hey!

really dont you get the hint we dont careeeeee lol
Privacy Policy