Full members come August

Is there anybody else who believes they are moving up the rank in August? Checked my SOA online and it is just missing DFS which I am 99.9% sure I have passed. I am very excited as I started AAT in October 2002 and I have finally completed it. :thumbup:

I did take 3 years out though and completely messed up the year before I decided to take a break. :crying:

Comments

• Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm hoping to have finished this year, just checked by SOA and just waiting on DFS and PEV results. I totally agree about the project - what a pain in the proverbial. The most annoying thing about it is that it really doesn't take that long to complete, but the dedication and motivation needed to finish it off is the killer.

I think I've done enough to pass, but will still be here hitting that refresh button every 5 seconds til the e-mail comes through on the 17th, then (hopefully) run around the house pretending to be an aeroplane. Weeeeee:lol:
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i checked my SOA and is just PEV & PCR missing i cnt wait till 17th August!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Lucky sods!

Another year to go for me!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    mahdi87 wrote: »
    i checked my SOA and is just PEV & PCR missing i cnt wait till 17th August!

ditto for me
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    AK002 wrote: »

Another year to go for me!

i am hoping to be completed on the december exams.

Tracy
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    taskey wrote: »
    i am hoping to be completed on the december exams.

Tracy

Me too! Must stop deferring them :thumbdown:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i know - but there is light at the end of the tunnel. once we are all fully aat'd up do we have to come back on here and be really obnoxious and dis the aat qualification like others do? i hope not

tracy
  • mark130273
    it will mostly depend on weather you get agood paid and sat. job ....?
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    As long as i pass PEV (crossed fingers, prayer to relevent deities, etc)
  • clairej03
    clairej03 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    me too! I just have Unit 10 and the simulation for Unit 15 cash control! I just submitted my project this week and completed the simulation so fingers crossed they should be submitted to AAT and my SOA updated soon!!
  • Vixen
    Vixen Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Im waiting for results for PEV, PCR and BTC!!! .....Im not holding out too much hope but fingers crossed and then i will have completed AAT.:confused1:
  • mark130273
    cant wait...less than 30 days now !!
  • AK002
    See the relevant work experiance you need to submit, does anybody know if you can include from before you were a student?

e.g. i started working in accounts in Jan 08, but didnt become a student till Aug 08 so thats 7 months work experiance already.. can i use that?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    See the relevant work experiance you need to submit, does anybody know if you can include from before you were a student?

e.g. I started working in accounts in Jan 08, but didnt become a student till Aug 08 so thats 7 months work experiance already.. can i use that?

It seems that the relevant experience has to be gained since you registerd with AAT. This is what it says on the AAT website:

Work experience requirement
    You should be able to confirm your skills and competence by demonstrating that you have the equivalent of at least one year's relevant full time work experience - , gained since you registered as an AAT student member. Most people find they've done this as a matter of course - see examples of relevant work experience here

Unless I'm reading it wrong - hope so.
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Another year for me too - I work f/t, have 2 little children and nearly gave up so opted to do it over 2 years to make it more achievable :001_smile: x
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    A week ago I checked my statement of achievement to see that I had passed Unit 10 Managing Acc systems and people. I was very happy to know that only DFS and PEV are the only modules left for me to pass on Aug 17th. Less than 4 weeks now and I cannot wait.
  • AK002
    jilt wrote: »
    It seems that the relevant experience has to be gained since you registerd with AAT. This is what it says on the AAT website:

Work experience requirement
    You should be able to confirm your skills and competence by demonstrating that you have the equivalent of at least one year's relevant full time work experience - , gained since you registered as an AAT student member. Most people find they've done this as a matter of course - see examples of relevant work experience here

Unless I'm reading it wrong - hope so.

That's a right bummer, meh!

Thanks for checking :)
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hopefully with this lot of exam results I will just need to submit my report.

Had a few issues so not done a great deal of work to it, but fingers crossed i can submit my first draft by the end of this week and start the final lot of amendments!

(although it also means passing the 3 exam's I took - stupid funding stream!!)
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yep - Just waiting for DFS results which I feel pretty confident about - Taken me two years to do Int & Tech - All home study - Roll on Aug 17th :thumbup1:
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    That's a right bummer, meh!

Thanks for checking :)

Yes it's true - I tried to submit the 3 years I had worked in a job, and it would only accept the start date of when I first registered as a student which was after my start date in the job.

Another strange thing is that I had to put an end date for my current job, which obviously has not ended!
Privacy Policy