Mr Grumpy

CJC
CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I live fairly near the local Sports Centre. They've had some sort of event there today which seems to require them to play loud music and amplify the commentator so every word can be heard from miles away. This has been going on from 10 this morning, so I'm in a foul mood. If this had been a private individual doing this I'm sure the police would have been called long ago to shut them up.

No wonder people go postal :mad2:

Still, being nice and middle-class I've made do with sending grumpy emails.

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I know exactly the type of event you mean. We have the pleasure of one each year although fortunately not too close in proximity, annoying none the less!

maybe we could set you up with an air rifle or send Matt the Brute round :laugh:
  • CJC
    I think I'd want something more powerful than an air-rifle then I could take out that fecking Aussie that's been jabbering on all day at top volume. Still, at least we should manage to stuff 'em in the cricket over then next day or two.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    but why didnt you go down and see what was happening . maybe you could have joined in and had some fun ?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Is Mark trying to say you don't have fun, Chris?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I have to say Rob when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about you - sorry!!!
  • CJC
    To be honest, it (a rugby sevens competition apparently) might have been worth going to watch but I had other things to do. OK, so these other things mostly consisted of lazing around listening to the cricket on the wireless but anyway that's not the point...

I'm sure I can throw just as good a grump as Mr B when the spirit moves me (which on this occasion it did), I'm just generally better at anger management is all.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i can understand why you never went down then !!! rubgy isnt entertaining ?
  • blobbyh
    I have to say Rob when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about you - sorry!!!

So did I!
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Glad it wasn't just me, then.
  • blobbyh
    Blimey, was just this minute thinking we hadn't heard from you for a while Helen and up you pop (didn't read this thread earlier)! How've you been lately?
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Oh, I'm bouncing along in a lopsided kind of a way. How are you?

I was just sorting out the replies to my thread about the recession and I was drawn to the Grumpy thread.
Privacy Policy