Order of ACCA exams

ajames
ajames Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is recommended to take the F papers in their number order. I know F1-3 must be done first (although not applicaple if I qualify this summer :thumbup1: )

However, after doing BTC this summer (FA08?), won't F6 (Tax) also be on FA08 come December 09? Surely this makes sense than learning FA09, which I'm sure isn't overly different but theres no need to make more work then necessary? :001_tongue:

So to clarify, do ACCA exams need to be done in number order?

Also, how does 2 ACCA papers every exam sitting sound?

Which then leads to my next question... which paper do you then would complement F6? F4 (law) as there might be a small cross over with how tax legislation is made or... get F5 (PM - which I assume is costing) out the way, as I hate costing!

ttfn

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    No order any more. That went out a few years ago.
    2 per session means 4 per year, that is usually manageable alongside work and home responsibilities.
    I teach F5, so you'll probably hate me too!! (especially if you come to Chichester)
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • ajames
    ajames Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Ideal, thanks for quick post as well!
    Unlikely to go to chichester college... 400 mile round trip is a bit too far for a days travel for me! :001_tt2: Maybe a revision class nearer the time though! :001_smile:
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hey,

i am also wondering how many exams to take. Is three is one time going to be manageable at one time, along with a full time job. Due to the aat exemptions you start on an odd number, doing 3 on one of the courses would mean you get onto even numbers, therefor not leaving one to take at the end!

I have just read that through, and appreciate it doesnt make a lot of sence. Hope there is someone who understands gobbledegook out there!!

Chris
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    What you said make sense, but i can imagine 3 at a time with full time work could be hard to juggle. I actually think with the AAT examptions you only have 6 papers at skills level to sit. Most people sit them 2 exams at each sitting. if you're feeling confident tho there's no harm in trying for 3
  • SandyHood
    The AAT exams demand a much higher mark to pass but are not usually time pressured. ACCA exams are different. You must earn 50% OVER THE WHOLE PAPER but there will be topics you study that are not examined and the time issue calls for a far greater exam technique

I would warn you to think carefully before attempting 3 in one sitting straight after AAT. I also recommend that you attempt a serious mock as the practice and feedback can give you a very useful insight and preparation for the real eams.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    hey sandy ........so your a chichester uni then...have you heard of a tutor who used to be their called Eric Brown . he taught business management/strategy ...dont know if he might of been before your time ?
  • SandyHood
    Yes
    Eric was here
    I've not spoken to him for a few years
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy