AAT Lv4 Wage

messedup89
messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Im curently studying lv 4 funded by mu employer and am on £11,250 a year. Just wondering what anyone else is on.

Also, when i was studyong Lv3 it was government funded so my employer didnt have to pay anything, however i had to work back my college hours even tho work wernt paying. Is this the same with others? I was on £10,250 at the time.

Comments

• Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    When I was doing Lvl 4, £17,000

£20,000 on qualification

£23,000 now

My age is 23 in South Coast area.
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm getting near to completing L4 and i am on £12,500 - 24 in the South West.

I have been quite lucky in that I am able to attend workshops at college roughly twice a month and not have to make the time up - although the times I regularly end up working overtime probably did get taken into account!
  • messedup89
    wow i sure drew the short straw in regards to pay and making up college hours. I guess you got to take what you can at the moment tho
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    I'm on 16k in East Anglia doing Lv4, all studying is paid for but have to do it in my own time.
  • messedup89
    im on 5k less than you but i go to college on day release during work hours.

What job roles are you currently doing and are you in practice or industry?
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i am on 12k just finished aat in north london
  • messedup89
    good to see im not the only one on a low wage. Would have thought you would have been on more in London tho?
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

Also depends on experience/skill.

Im in Gloucestershire, when I completed Lv 4 with 4 years experience I had £17k, then moved jobs to £18.5k then moved again few months later to £20 + benefits (inc study support for CIMA). I completed AAT mid 2005.

Neil
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have just completed Level 3 (hopefully!!) and start Level 4 in September - I am on £17,000 part-time (30 hours per week). However, I have been on that salary for three years before I started studying. My company pay for my studies, and give me 1/2 a day off day release.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    messedup89 wrote: »
    im on 5k less than you but i go to college on day release during work hours.

What job roles are you currently doing and are you in practice or industry?

I'm an Assistant Accountant in Motor Trade Industry. I'm 25 and have 4 years experience in Accounts, started off as Admin, then Purchase ledger and now my current job so I do have experience on my side. I think my wage is pretty poor so can understand you feeling pretty disheartened!
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm unemployed but was recently on a temp job paying 12.50 per hour as a Temp Assistant Management Accountant. Much of what you get paid is experience dependant. I'm using the temp market to push my salary expectations up. That way going lower would be a step down but temp jobs should pay well as they are only temp and there's always the bad ending at the premature end of the job.
  • messedup89
    Pinkjo wrote: »
    I have just completed Level 3 (hopefully!!) and start Level 4 in September - I am on £17,000 part-time (30 hours per week). However, I have been on that salary for three years before I started studying. My company pay for my studies, and give me 1/2 a day off day release.

wow :ohmy: i wish i had your job :thumbup:
  • Fee
    Fee Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    I completed AAT last year. I have 6 years experience starting from purchase ledger and now work as Accounts Manager (actually more realistic title is sales ledger controller) in industry near Edinburgh - earn a very respectible £23k which is good for this area :thumbup:
  • messedup89
    lol id consider that more than respectable for someone who is AAT qualified
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Wow, I've just completed foundation, and am on £18k plus bonus..and my work are paying for the whole course and AAT membership and I get day release too (I found another job and they didn't want me to leave so they offered me day release)

In my case, I've a lot of experience and I'm trying to get my qualifications to match that.

Hope you get a raise!

Mouse x
  • messedup89
    :ohmy: I LOVE your job! What area are you in? So far i only have 1.5years experience but i am about to complete technician and as i know from college and this thread, there are plenty of people around my age who are on much more money than i am. I want your job! :001_tt1:
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. To be fair though, my experience is far greater than my qualifications in accounts and the company I did two years for before this job was unbelievably horrid, the exact opposite from where I am now. I'm really happy in this job though, mainly because I can do things how I want to and I have the support there too. I wish you all well in finding a job you enjoy x

Mouse x
Privacy Policy