Quotes please!

Timmne
Timmne Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
[originally posted in wrong board]

Evening all,

I do the bookkeeping for one of my clients who is a hairdressers' salon - I bill him £220 per month for a weekly bookkeeping service.

I've progressed the relationship with him now and suggested that given the recession and recently opened competition nearby, he needs to be more in control of his cash and improve profitability. I have offered to do this work at an increased fee, after a couple of months free to see if he thinks it's worth the money.

Assuming this will take me around 6-7 hours per month, normally this would cost him £180-£210 at my normal hourly rate of £30 for this type of work (I'm a full time financial controller and only work for a few clients). I'm certain that he can't afford this much though so I was hoping some of you might fancy quoting this too, taking the different bits into account?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• tripod333
    tripod333 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

Not sure I understand what you are asking for here. are you asking for
    someone else to take on the addtional work?
  • esmith
    esmith Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Hi

Do you want aomeone to do the bookkeeping part that you have previously been doing or the additional work you are suggesting?
    Whereabouts is he based?
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Timmne wrote: »
    [originally posted in wrong board]

Evening all,

I do the bookkeeping for one of my clients who is a hairdressers' salon - I bill him £220 per month for a weekly bookkeeping service.

I've progressed the relationship with him now and suggested that given the recession and recently opened competition nearby, he needs to be more in control of his cash and improve profitability. I have offered to do this work at an increased fee, after a couple of months free to see if he thinks it's worth the money.

Assuming this will take me around 6-7 hours per month, normally this would cost him £180-£210 at my normal hourly rate of £30 for this type of work (I'm a full time financial controller and only work for a few clients). I'm certain that he can't afford this much though so I was hoping some of you might fancy quoting this too, taking the different bits into account?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks

When I read this I thought the OP was asking for us to give a price on the extra work so he/she would know what we think about what the price should be? correct me if i'm wrong.:crying:
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If you feel the client won't be able to afford this then you would probably need to lower the fee, or I guess you may not get the work. Maybe you need to discuss this with the client, and come to an agreement that you are both happy with really.
Privacy Policy