The Calculator

PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Is something we all have, and is eqully likely to be a cheap piece of plastic.

I wish Apple would make one, an iCalc? With the same build quality as an iPhone or Apple Mac, possibly even carved from a solid block of Alluminium like some of the laptops.

Or have I had too much wine?

Comments

• jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If you have had too much wine, who cares, its a great idea! You should contact them! Id buy one, lol. Can we have them in metallic pink?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    next you will want your calc to make phone calls next and take picturs ?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sounds like a great idea but the iCalc would no doubt be incompatible with most other third party devices, force you to only enter what they want you to enter, consistently breach advertising standards by making ludicrous claims, have a built in battery so if/when it breaks you have to chuck the whole thing away then in a couple of years time they'll redesign it and make the entire gadget obsolete thus forcing you to buy a new one.

It might look the dogs but like most Apple devices, they're really just bo**ocks...
  • mark130273
    yes but would you have to enter into a 40 quis a month contracyt just to use the icalc and even then it wopuld not be allowed in the exams ?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It might look the dogs but like most Apple devices, they're really just bo**ocks...
    I've often wondered why when something is described as bollocks it means it's rubbish but when it's the dog's bollocks it's really good :confused1:

Totally with you on Apple stuff.
  • mark130273
    no doubt someone will have the answer to that question....but it wont be me who has that answer !!!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    no doubt someone will have the answer to that question....but it wont be me who has that answer !!!

here we go

Gives you a bit of an answer any how
  • mark130273
    thanks JILT ,we can all rest in peace now ?
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I love my iPod, wouldnt be without it, had other mp3 players, and tried lots, they rarely compare with the real deal.

So...... youre wrong again Robert
  • blobbyh
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    I love my iPod, wouldnt be without it, had other mp3 players, and tried lots, they rarely compare with the real deal

Paul, Paul, Paul. How many times have I told you that you only had to simply change the batteries when the player stopped working rather than buying a brand new one each time?
  • CJC
    Been thinking about getting a new mp3 player. I like the look of the iPod Shuffle but don't want to have to mess around with iTunes.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    If you do an NVQ with BT they gave you an ipod shuffle as a graduation present!

Ben gave his to me but I've never used it cos I don't like itunes
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Is something we all have, and is eqully likely to be a cheap piece of plastic.

I wish Apple would make one, an iCalc? With the same build quality as an iPhone or Apple Mac, possibly even carved from a solid block of Alluminium like some of the laptops.

Or have I had too much wine?

I am old enough to remember manual calculators before they had electric motors fitted. I remember with fondness the old blue olivetti adding machine that used to bounce around the desk because of the ratchet handle on the side.
    Ah, the good old days:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    thepcmuseum.net refers
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Exactly what I thought, I tried to talk my other half out of getting an iPhone, as my Windows Mobile was far far better, on paper....

Then she got the iPhone and so did I. Can see why the technology mags rate Apple so high. And you can change the battery.
  • mark130273
    iphone ipod....................im getting a new contract mobile and cant decided on which mobile i want.....i want a nokia, like the n series but wondering if anyone has the 5800 ..if thats any good ?
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    My dad has the 5800, and I have the 6220c. Both of these have the Symbian GUI like the n-Series. I like mine, although as it hasn't the touch screen, I don't know what that's like. The media player is good. I like Nokia Maps. It's a proper sat-nav application with speed cameras and traffic alerts, and unlike many other phone-based navigation tools, you can download the maps on your PC and then transfer them to the phone to save your phone's data allowance. The 5mp camera with a proper flash on my 6220c is pretty good, too. Not as good as a proper digital camera, but perfectly alright for snapshots on the move. You can even get an app (ShoZu) to upload photos to wherever once you've taken them.

I hope I can get an n97 once my contract's up...
  • mark130273
    so which one out of the 5800 and the n86 do you reckon that I should get !
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    so which one out of the 5800 and the n86 do you reckon that I should get !

Well, the n86 has more memory and a better camera, whereas the 5800 has a touchscreen. You can also get the 5800 with unlimited music. The n86 also has better games.
  • mark130273
    well im not bopthered about music as im a dj.....so got all the music i need !.....sounds like the n86 it will be !
  • CJC
  • mark130273
    i wouldnt laugh about that because i reckon that in about 30 years they will have to tech. ability to implant a phone in your hand ......
  • blobbyh
    Hey Mark, if you can cope with the random memory settings of someone suffering advanced alzheimers, a screen that scratches with the slightest of glances and the not so accurate Google Maps that'll pinpoint you down no better than the nearest kilometre and a half, you could you do worse than the Samsung 8800 Pixon that I got a few months ago. Admittedly, it's still a typical half assed Samsung mobile where great ideas are executed poorly but it is better than much of their other half finished WIP crap they've released over the last three years. On the plus side, it does have a very good 8mp camera (for a phone), plays Divx and Xvid movies and looks/feels far far better than the plasticky Nokia 5800.

The N97 does look good though and barring the N96 blip, looks set to put Nokia back on top of the high end handset range.
  • mark130273
    cant stand a scren which scratches as soon as you put it near to a mirror surface.....

got mine about 6 months agoa and within the week the screen was covered in small scratches.....annoying or what ?
  • blobbyh
    He he he, very good Chris. Kinda sums up the slavish devotion some people have towards Apple products even though they can often get better designed products for less cash if they only considered buying other brands.
  • blobbyh
    cant stand a scren which scratches as soon as you put it near to a mirror surface.....

got mine about 6 months agoa and within the week the screen was covered in small scratches.....annoying or what ?

After scratching mine within a fortnight, I covered it with a screen protector. On the upside it does a fairly good job but there are a couple of downsides. I now have to practically punch the phone to get it to acknowledge a (virtual) key press while the stylus accuracy is on a par with me trying to hit the bullseye on a dartboard after drinking twenty pints of wife beater.
  • mark130273
    well i got a clear case for mine off the 'tinternet' and it worked great until i sat down with it in my pocket and it snapped as it was a polycarbonate case....so ive given up on the large screens which are going to get scratched within 5 seconds of buying them.
Privacy Policy