Your one stop thread for all things off topic (aka "Study Buddy II")

blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Come on, who remembers the infamous "Study Buddy" thread from the old forum? Over a thousand posts long, 100+ pages, 100,000+ views with half of all those coming from Baggybooks alone.

Rather than creating new threads for every random topic we can think of, we need to summon our resources and beat the formidable score set by the old SB thread. So who's in? Your forum needs you.

Right we need a topic to start and as I'm the first, I want to discuss the weather forecasts from GMTV (visitors to my Facebook profile might have seen this already!). Well, didn't Clare Nasir get it just slightly wrong when she/they predicted a BBQ summer, yet this morning they were all having a little titter about it. Funny is it? The bloody cheek of it! Well, the people freezing their lazy northern asses off on Blackpool beach certainly didn't look amused I can tell you. What if we got our cashflow forecasts wrong as often they screwed up their fricking weather forecasts? Useless.

Bah!
ยซ134567188

Comments

• kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor โญ
    A BBQ summer are they having a laugh?! They should take a look out of my window its been raining all day!! Not convinced that it will get any better than the heatwave we had beginning of June was it?!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Having spent the weekend up in Scotland on Mull I've just checked the web cam for the hotel we had a meal in. Blue skies, fluffy white clouds. Maybe the BBQ weather was for Scotland?
    A family we met were swimming in the sea on Sunday afternoon.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We get great weather all year round.. :)
  • blobbyh
    Jan wrote: ยป
    A family we met were swimming in the sea on Sunday afternoon.

I like the mysterious way you leave that one dangling there Jan, like there should be something more only there isn't. Very arty.

As for you AK002 (do you have a name, btw?), I've read the legend of Sawney Bean so even if the weather had been blazing hot, your sweaty BBQ's are certainly not for me.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    No BBQ summer in my neck of the woods, only rain, rain, flippin rain!

They got it wrong on bbc news too, they were happily laughing and joking about the hottest temperatures on record we were going to have in late July! Today they had rain coats on and werent so jovial, lol.

Getting the weather wrong if your a weather person should at least warrant a disciplinary! They say they get the long range forecast right 60% of the time, as you say blobby, can you imagine? Im sorry Mr HMRC I got 60% of the companies corporation tax right, it could have gone either way, lol.:lol:
  • blobbyh
    Sorry Kelly, I ignored your valuable contribution. Yep, good of 'em to state the bleeding obvious by saying maybe they got it wrong now that summer's all but over. I think most of us could have forecast that one a few weeks ago.

Nice one Jow.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Then again cashflow forecasts don't involve finding solutions to a complex set of non-linear dynamic equations (or consulting the piece of seaweed in GMTVs case).
  • blobbyh
    Well, I don't need to be a meteorologist to know if it's raining. If I look out my window and see water droplets coming from the sky and hitting the ground, I feel I can safely predict it's raining. Equally wind in autumn, snow in winter, warm showers in April (of course) and a bit of sun in summer mixed with any of the other three.

ยฃ50,000 a year for knowing c*ck all, please GMTV...
  • CJC
    Likewise, if a business has the bailiffs in seizing it's assets you wouldn't need an accountant to tell you its cashflow isn't good.
  • CJC
    And anyway, what else would you expect from tabloid trash TV?
  • blobbyh
    Likewise you don't need to be a Health and Safety consultant to know that using chainsaws without training is dangerous to your health;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7817638.stm

Bet you can't guess what this guy's profession is, can you (it's not mentioned in the story)? Yep, he's a (now probably unemployable) Health & Safety consultant. Didn't frigging self assess the risk on that one did he?
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I told everyone that summer would be in May and June, and no-one believed me :sad:
  • blobbyh
    You also told us you'd have had the baby by now Gem so no wonder nobody believes you...
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Apparently it's coming on Saturday!
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The BBC was saying this morning that we could still have a BBQ summer as there is more than a month of summer left. No, I don't really believe it either.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well i dont care what the tv says i demand hot sunny weather over the bak holiday weekend as am i mean i wont go camping in the rain
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yeah, I'll be camping that weekend too. Where are you off to? Music festival?
  • kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor โญ
    when is it the bank holiday? having a moment...............i blame this swine flu :(
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I like the mysterious way you leave that one dangling there Jan, like there should be something more only there isn't. Very arty.

Arty, never been discribed as that before!

Gem - 1st of August, Yorkshire Day, good choice, lol
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

As for you AK002 (do you have a name, btw?), I've read the legend of Sawney Bean so even if the weather had been blazing hot, your sweaty BBQ's are certainly not for me.

Sawney Bean...? (Am i showing my age again?)

Yes I do, Arif :eek:

:lol:
  • A-Vic
    Yeah, I'll be camping that weekend too. Where are you off to? Music festival?

Sure am reading :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    when is it the bank holiday? having a moment...............i blame this swine flu :(

31st August Monday bank holiday
  • blobbyh
    CJC wrote: ยป
    And anyway, what else would you expect from tabloid trash TV?

Hey, I know GMTV isn't of the highest calibre but it does have / did have the lovely Kate Garraway and Emma Crosby. And no matter how low I feel at times, it always proves there's someone worse off than me. I could be Ben Shephard.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    We get great weather all year round.. :)

We can see that by the healthy glow of your sun kissed suit:lol::lol:
  • A-Vic
    Hey, I know GMTV isn't of the highest calibre but it does have / did have the lovely Kate Garraway and Emma Crosby. And no matter how low I feel at times, it always proves there's someone worse off than me. I could be Ben Shephard.

She had her baby yesterday :001_smile: not that i watch that trash tv :lol:
  • blobbyh
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    (Kate Garraway) She had her baby yesterday

Sweet, but do you think he's had his first fag yet?
  • A-Vic
    Sweet, but do you think he's had his first fag yet?

:lol: dont think so give it a couple of years yet
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    Simply lol - How did this go from thw weather to smoking babies?
  • blobbyh
    It's the one stop thread where you can randomly discuss anything at all. Any burning opinions, thoughts or ideas you want to get off your chest for discussion?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    It's the one stop thread where you can randomly discuss anything at all. Any burning opinions, thoughts or ideas you want to get off your chest for discussion?

What is the best way to approach your boss for a payrise:001_rolleyes:
Privacy Policy