Awards Cermonies September 2009

pernickety
pernickety Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
Just wondering if anybody has had a letter from their colleges inviting them to an awards ceromony in September; the full cap and gown job by all accounts?
I have searched other posts on this forum, so I know that these award ceromonies are arranged by colleges across the country, this one I have been asked to is in Chester Cathedral. But what I can't understand is why I should be invited yet? I am a bit confused as to why I should have been sent a letter as (a) What if I dont pass - they will have nothing to award me? (b) Even if I pass the last two exams I am waiting the results on (roll on 18th August), I will still have the project to complete. I have only just submitted the first draft to my tutor, so will it be signed off in time. If not, I will not have completed Technician level, and once again there is nothing to present?

Plus, as nice as it all sounds, to do the gown thing, and have all family there taking photos - the pride of it all, etc. I have no idea how much is it to hire gowns, as the invite makes no mention of cost to hire, only where you can?

Others comments as usual appreciated.:huh:

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I didnt even know it was a cap and gown event. I cant wait till i sit my last exams and get to attend
  • messedup89
    Do you know what date it is this year? I wont be eligable till next september but im going on holiday for thr first 2 weeks. I really dont want to miss it. Are all the ceromonies held on the same day?
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    My College has a graduation ceremony in September, but this is totally seperate to the AAT ones. Our tutor gave us all the info befor the end of term, but our official invitations don't go out until after the results are issued by the AAT. Sounds like someone at your college has been a little quick off the mark.
  • pernickety
    I quite agree with the last post, the college have been quick off the mark, sending out invites to an awards ceremony before results are known.

Nice idea on the one hand, to celebrate the achievement etc., but on the other hand I am thinking it is clever marketing for the college and for the gown hire company - £57 for an hour or so to hire the gown and a pic! Well, we are frugal us accounts people... Colleges do need to get it right though, "pending results" would still not be good enough as the project counts towards gaining the result too! I am probably going to email the contact and say that I will consider their invite for next September and leave it at that.

P.S. - This event was for 8th September, but it depends on the college, different colleges will have different dates, as it is a college award not an AAT award.
  • messedup89
    so its deffinately a cap n gown thing like uni?
    I never went to uni but i always wanted my picture in a cap n gown.
    Its just a shame you can only bring 1 guest
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    We as a class (i.e. Foundation Evening) got taken out for a bevy lol, that was only for completing Foundy tho :)!
  • pernickety
    messedup89 wrote: »
    so its deffinately a cap n gown thing like uni?
    I never went to uni but i always wanted my picture in a cap n gown.
    Its just a shame you can only bring 1 guest

The invite said you can bring up to 3 guests.:001_smile:
  • messedup89
    pernickety wrote: »
    The invite said you can bring up to 3 guests.:001_smile:

Thats good. Im not able to go till next year so i havn't seen the invited.
    I just saw on the AAT website that you can only bring 1 guest
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i cant wait for an invite ....get my cap and gown and all the palarva......brilliant...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    mark130273 wrote: »
    i cant wait for an invite ....get my cap and gown and all the palarva......brilliant...

You will have to change you pic so we cann all see you in the get up mark
  • messedup89
    Yer i want to see what other people are wearing so i know what to wear when i go
Privacy Policy