Anyone studying with Eagle - is study buddy good?

hztm
hztm Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I wonder if anyone could give me info on their experiences with Eagle. I want to sign up next week for the Advanced Certificate via distance learning and I am really stuck on whether to go with Premier or Eagle. Both companies sound really good and have been extremely helpful and professional on the phone. I understand that Eagle have the study buddy system and I wonder how useful this is. Any advice and experience would be really appreciated.

I am sorry to go over old ground. I know that training providers have been discussed here before, but I really would value up-to-date info.

Thank you very much indeed.

Comments

• mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    From what i understand about them. They also write the e-learning tools on this website and this is similar.

Apprently they use the system, by teaching you different points in the book and tell you to go to a particular page in it for more information and test you as you go along, rather than let you read the book from front to back and do the chapter questions.

Their website will give a better description of it then i have done, although i'm sure that there will be someone on here who will give a more qualified opinion.
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hztm wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if anyone could give me info on their experiences with Eagle. I want to sign up next week for the Advanced Certificate via distance learning and I am really stuck on whether to go with Premier or Eagle. Both companies sound really good and have been extremely helpful and professional on the phone. I understand that Eagle have the study buddy system and I wonder how useful this is. Any advice and experience would be really appreciated.

I am sorry to go over old ground. I know that training providers have been discussed here before, but I really would value up-to-date info.

Thank you very much indeed.

I am in a similar boat. I am thinking about changing providers and going to eagle as they are fairly cheap. The only think that I was worried was home leaning but they come highly recommended!! I was in discussion through PM withe the following user: katsutlieff she should be able to tell you more. She changed to eagle from I think bpp as she found them lousy but she speaks very highly of eagle!

Cheers
    Martin
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think Eagle should start paying me a recruitment fee!!

As has been said the study buddy is an excellent system. Each subject is broken down into easy to understand chapters. You work though the SB chapter by chapter and it refers you to specific pages in the text book. The Study buddy contains a lesson plan for each subject, the text book is used as a resource instead of the usually case of reading from cover to cover.

I would recommend you give them a ring, they are all lovely and are more than happy to answer your questions. If you do have any queries please ask away.

Martin, I am so sorry I never answered your last PM, haven't been to well lately so I have been very lacks with the study and logging on. I will send you a PM as soon as. Did you join Eagle or are you still deciding?
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think Eagle should start paying me a recruitment fee!!

As has been said the study buddy is an excellent system. Each subject is broken down into easy to understand chapters. You work though the SB chapter by chapter and it refers you to specific pages in the text book. The Study buddy contains a lesson plan for each subject, the text book is used as a resource instead of the usually case of reading from cover to cover.

I would recommend you give them a ring, they are all lovely and are more than happy to answer your questions. If you do have any queries please ask away.

Martin, I am so sorry I never answered your last PM, haven't been to well lately so I have been very lacks with the study and logging on. I will send you a PM as soon as. Did you join Eagle or are you still deciding?

I am considering it carefully and will probs go with ee. I just started WWC with kaplan on thursday and need to get that done and then take it from their - think the problem will be if I cant get the projects and the portfolio done in time. I will probs pay 50% then the rest over the 5 mths as speciifed on ee's site.

Dont worry about the replies as I appreciate that people are busy and I hope you are feeling better :)

Cheers
    Martin
  • KVeevers
    KVeevers Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    HI
    I am an Eagle Student and all the above Information is right and all I can say to top it all up the Tutors are quick on response if Help is needed. I personally have made a good choice with the Home Learning College.

katrin
  • hztm
    hztm Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Big thankyou for all the information. I have decided to sign up with Eagle for the Diploma Advanced Certificate stage - I expect I will be needing a lot more help in the future! but thanks again for all the info - it was most helpful.
Privacy Policy