Deja Vu

Options

Comments

• kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Definatley completely off subject compared to the initial question lol - i too love psychology!
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Without trying to sound smart arse, why aren't the two of you pursuing careers in it?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    im thinking ive heard of deja vu..........just cant place it thou ....
  • kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    For me it is not financially viable for me to go back to university - and at the time when I should have been applying for uni I had to stay at home and help look after the family as my Dad had recently died. By doing accountancy I can work and study at the same time and I do enjoy numbers as well.
  • mark130273
    Options
    hey we wouldnt start this if we didnt enjoy it.......
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hey we wouldnt start this if we didnt enjoy it.......

unless you w in it for the money or got pushed into it
  • mark130273
    Options
    too true. but if you had been pushedi nto it then you would most probibly worked in an accounts enviroment ?
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Without trying to sound smart arse, why aren't the two of you pursuing careers in it?

For me its something that i was introduced to in the army, and studied it more intensely for my own interest while i was in there, it helped me in many predicaments shall we say.
  • messedup89
    Options
    too true. but if you had been pushedi nto it then you would most probibly worked in an accounts enviroment ?

i do work in an a/cs environment but wasnt pushed :thumbup:
  • mark130273
    Options
    thats my exact point........you wouldnt be doing it if you didnt want too.....
  • messedup89
    Options
    thats my exact point........you wouldnt be doing it if you didnt want too.....

most people wudnt, u knw sum ppl get pushed into careers and other things by parents
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    u knw sum ppl get pushed into careers and other things by parents

That's bull
  • mark130273
    Options
    well too true. but i believe that if your strong enough that you will never ever do anything for a long career if you didnt want to do it. i know that 99% of people will most probibly do job in ther life time which they hate but stick at it because there isnt anything else...but even in the time when they are working in a crap job for crap money they are still planning ahead to future there career
  • messedup89
    Options
    That's bull

nope got sum mates who have. Wud be embarassed or 'disgrace' the family if they wernt in a profession like that
  • Sonny_L
    Options
    Mark, loads of people do jobs they don't wanna do?

Accountancy is a real 'fall into' profession.

It's very accessible (compared to say Law or Medicine) and in my experience people tend to pursue it in the mistaken belief that it is a goldmine (it can be, but you gotta work damn hard and be damn clever to gain access to the top jobs).
  • mark130273
    Options
    well thats just a different class of people then.....they are not WORKING class ?
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Wud be embarassed or 'disgrace' the family if they wernt in a profession like that

So?

You can't be pushed into anything you don't want to do, and I believe that people who say they were pushed into a career they don't want by their parents are just using their parents as a scapegoat after making their own poor decisions.
  • messedup89
    Options
    So?

You can't be pushed into anything you don't want to do, and I believe that people who say they were pushed into a career they don't want by their parents are just using their parents as a scapegoat after making their own poor decisions.

you have no idea what my friends parents are like. U cant judge my friends like that:mad2:
  • Gem7321
    Options
    No, but I know what its like to have parents try to push you into something.
  • mark130273
    Options
    well Sonny . i have to disgree with your there that a lot of people do job they dont want to do . but only because they have not got the choice or the drive or ability to do anything else. we started AAT because we wished to further our career and get better paid jobs and make sure the we provide for our children and our retirement and not just because we think there is loads of money in it because we know that there isnt a huge amount of money to be made in accounts until you have put the time in and served you apprentaship,as to say,
  • messedup89
    Options
    No, but I know what its like to have parents try to push you into something.

they you know it can happen. You might of got out of it but not everyone can/does
  • Sonny_L
    Options
    well Sonny . i have to disgree with your there that a lot of people do job they dont want to do . but only because they have not got the choice or the drive or ability to do anything else. we started AAT because we wished to further our career and get better paid jobs and make sure the we provide for our children and our retirement and not just because we think there is loads of money in it because we know that there isnt a huge amount of money to be made in accounts until you have put the time in and served you apprentaship,as to say,

Actually we agree, the type I've bolded are the ones I'm on about and there is bloody thousands of 'em!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    they you know it can happen. You might of got out of it but not everyone can/does

If they're not strong-minded enough to make their own decisions they shouldn't be in the working world anyway!
  • messedup89
    Options
    they gotta people to feed
  • mark130273
    Options
    that was the point i had about 8 years ago when i was living at home and in a average boring job with a normal pay rate and been in that job for 11 years before and then just realised that if i stayed tehre then after another few year that i would basically be wasting my life away !

so started the AAT course to better myself ?
  • messedup89
    Options
    i nearly always wanted to be an accountant, sometime in high school. I went straight on to my accounting and business A levels after college and then straight into AAT, hopefully ACCA afetr. Like u said its a profession some people can just fall into. But its something ive always wanted
  • mark130273
    Options
    ive just reigstered with ACCA today .........holy dump.......thats it..my life gone now for the next 3 years ยฌ!
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Hopefully I'll be starting ACCA when I go back to work. I wanted to start studying while I was on maternity leave but work wouldn't let me :crying: I'm glad in a way though because it means I can concentrate on the baby and just enjoy it rather than studying. But I was so looking forward to being qualified by the time I was 22! Now I'll be 23-24
  • mark130273
    Options
    still plenty of time there hey GEM
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    ive just reigstered with ACCA today .........holy dump.......thats it..my life gone now for the next 3 years ยฌ!

Pretty much :lol:
Privacy Policy