Birmingham

fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Am bringing the kids away for a weekend to Birmingham next weekend. We are going to the Midlands Safari Park and Cadbury World. Staying in a Holiday Inn. Anyone any experience of any of these places please? :001_smile:

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Staying in a Holiday Inn. Anyone any experience of any of these places please? :001_smile:

A fine example of how selective editing can make such a difference...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    cadbury's world sounds well fun...
  • fatandforty
    cadbury's world sounds well fun...

What happened to you last night? Did you get lost again?? :lol:
  • mark130273
    What happened to you last night? Did you get lost again?? :lol:

sh... dont tell everyone..........

dont really go on much at night .
  • turbo_sammie
    turbo_sammie Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor โญ
    Cadbury world is good for the kids, don't forget to do the bit outside by the playground cos they give you a cup of melted chocolate! Also, you should try Drayton Manor (I think it's up around Birmingham somewhere). Went there with my 5 year old nephew recently and he loved it.
  • mark130273
    that Drayton manor looks well cool on the telly advert.....never been ......my little one is nearly 5 ...reckon that worth going to then for a 5 year old ?
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I live about 15 minutes drive from Draytin Manor, and guess what..... not been in years. It's just outside a town called Tamworth about 20 mnutes up the M42 from Brum, but one of the ride was resently determined to be the scarist in Britain by the Gadget show, and for the little ones there's Thomas World, based on Sodor, plus a zoo.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I once went for an interview with the Bournville Trust based just around the corner from Cadbury World - I'd have had to cope with the smell of chocolate all day, torture.
  • mark130273
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I once went for an interview with the Bournville Trust based just around the corner from Cadbury World - I'd have had to cope with the smell of chocolate all day, torture.

not all day....i once went to work for a day in a curry spice factory....now that was bad/...
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    My kids been to cadburys world 3 times recently - sadly I haven't been at all. They all had a great time and loved the outdoor play area.

They get given loads of chocolate, so prepare for them to be bouncing off the walls afterwards!

There's a zoo at Dudley - just up the road, and the sea life centre is great! Not been to the Sarari Park, so can't help out there

We booked Cadburys world online, it might be best to do so beforehand to make sure you can get in on the day.

Have fun!
  • mark130273
    think i might try it then some day .looks like a right laugh !!
  • fatandforty
    My kids been to cadburys world 3 times recently - sadly I haven't been at all. They all had a great time and loved the outdoor play area.

They get given loads of chocolate, so prepare for them to be bouncing off the walls afterwards!

There's a zoo at Dudley - just up the road, and the sea life centre is great! Not been to the Sarari Park, so can't help out there

We booked Cadburys world online, it might be best to do so beforehand to make sure you can get in on the day.

Have fun!

Thanks, yes I have already booked but believe it or not I don't even like chocolate!!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    OMG!

Are you normal??

It's a girls best friend! :lol:
  • fatandforty
    I prefer cheeselets!! :001_smile:
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm allergic to chocalate!!! Now how bad is that...but at least I don't suffer alone, my daughter also became allergic at the age of five :huh:

My kids have been there though and really enjoyed it.

I'm going to London from the 18th (arranged it for after the results so I will be either celebrating or feeling sorry for myself). I have since decided it would have been cheaper to go abroad for my holiday!!!:glare:
  • fatandforty
    What are you planning to do in London?
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Going on the London Eye, Tower of London, Natural History Museum.......I'm sure you can get the picture? Virtually EVERYWHERE!!!!
    But they have agreed to let me go into Harrods. I have never been in but I was told they have a pet shop inside with cats and dogs....Is that true?
  • mark130273
    london ......now i always wanted to go to madam "two-swords".....
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    troy wrote: ยป
    But they have agreed to let me go into Harrods. I have never been in but I was told they have a pet shop inside with cats and dogs....Is that true?

Yes, it's on the 4th floor, towards the back of the shop. It does close for a while a couple of times during the day, for the animals to rest, but you can still see them thorugh the windows, although it will most likely to be crowded there.
  • mark130273
    and who would like to buy a pet frfom harrords...
Privacy Policy