i am home

taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
phew what a great 3 weeks i had in italy, bar the hubby coming out in an allergic reation to suncream and then the car breaking down - a whole other story.

i have a slight tan - i think so anyway, but my kids now look like italian locals. they catch the sun really quick.

i took the thought of the project on holiday with me, but alas, i forgot the memory stick it was actually on - so i am no further on with that at all :(

i hear gem has her baby boy in tow - fab news, 1st thing i checked this morning - well done chick.

Well, tonight is the night - do we feel lucky? i am hoping for 4 Y's.

good luck for all tonight especially my facebuddies

tracy
Β«13

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    taskey wrote: Β»
    phew what a great 3 weeks i had in italy, bar the hubby coming out in an allergic reation to suncream and then the car breaking down - a whole other story.

i have a slight tan - i think so anyway, but my kids now look like italian locals. they catch the sun really quick.

i took the thought of the project on holiday with me, but alas, i forgot the memory stick it was actually on - so i am no further on with that at all :(

i hear gem has her baby boy in tow - fab news, 1st thing i checked this morning - well done chick.

Well, tonight is the night - do we feel lucky? i am hoping for 4 Y's.

good luck for all tonight especially my facebuddies

tracy

Welcome back wheres my rock?? lol hope you all rested good luck for tonight :001_smile:
  • taskey
    sorry no rock, it would have melted anyway - it was really hot. 35 degress at 8 in the morning - beautiful.

how are you now, as i read you were not to good with your back.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    sorry no rock, it would have melted anyway - it was really hot. 35 degress at 8 in the morning - beautiful.

how are you now, as i read you were not to good with your back.

A lot better thanks :001_smile: That sounds really hot but nice
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Three weeks in Italy how fab!!

I'm going in six weeks for a hen do. What part were you visiting?
  • taskey
    Three weeks in Italy how fab!!

I'm going in six weeks for a hen do. What part were you visiting?

we were in Pisa, which is beautiful. i have also done rome, venice and Lucca. we have also done the marble mountains of cararra.

Tracy
  • taskey
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    A lot better thanks :001_smile: That sounds really hot but nice

it was lovely. i am sat in work now, and we are lucky if it is 20 here. i was thinking of putting on a fleece :):):)
  • katsutlieff
    How fab We are flying into Pisa, so hoping we get to spend some time there before driving down to Siena. Can't go to Pisa and not see the tower!!

Do you speak any Italian? Or did you manage to get by with hand signals!!
  • taskey

Do you speak any Italian? Or did you manage to get by with hand signals!!

mainly hand signals and lots of grazi and prago (thanks and your welcome)

Pisa is amazing, the tower is a sight not to be missed. it is a bit of a tourist trap, so be careful with the looky looky men (dodgy watches and sunglasses). if you want to buy those things, buy from the "legit" stalls rather than the strange men with plastic bin bags.

if you are planning going up the tower it is 15 euros a head and you have to book the time you want to go. i paid to go up, but i did not have the correct footwear on and had to come back down as the stairs are extremely slippy and uneven.

Tracy
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    sounds like you had a lot of fun on holiday...think we have all had one of them holidays in which everything goes wrong ?
  • katsutlieff
    Would love to have some time to spend in Pisa just hoping I get some free time on the hen do to do some sight seeing!! Don't think I would be brave enough to go up the tower though :blushing:
  • mark130273
    that tower just looks so unstable i dont know if i could go up that either !
  • taskey
    it is very stable as they have reinforced the ground underneath, but it does lean at an amazing angle.

we tried to go up this year, but it was a 4 hour wait, and in 40 degree heat, 4 hours is no fun for the kids.
  • mark130273
    but it scares me that it actually leans more in hot weather than when its cold........its one of my ambissions to go and see it....
  • taskey
    it is cool, and the coloseum aswell, put them on your bucket list
  • mark130273
    my list is very very long as have not really done anything in the travelling stakes......

but the one thing that i will do in my lifetime and you can take this to the bank....is las vegas !
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    it is cool, and the coloseum aswell, put them on your bucket list

yup i went to Italy in May. Rome is really easy to get around. Vatican City, Colliseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Arch of Constantine. Just dont cacth the bus, tube it. 4 euro for 1 day. Went to Venice aswell on the gondolas, loved it, especially when the question got 'popped' :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • mark130273
    yup i went to Italy in May. Rome is really easy to get around. Vatican City, Colliseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Arch of Constantine. Just dont cacth the bus, tube it. 4 euro for 1 day. Went to Venice aswell on the gondolas, loved it, especially when the question got 'popped' :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh:001_tt1::001_tt1:all lovey dovey hey !!!
  • messedup89
    ahhhhhhhhhhhh:001_tt1::001_tt1:all lovey dovey hey !!!

lol yup yup yup :001_wub:
    just gotta get are own place tho :lol:
    I said yes of course :thumbup:
  • messedup89
    btw you need to travel, see the world! :D
  • taskey
    venice was good too, we went when it rained so it did not smell at all. we went out tp the glass making island of murano - well worth a day trip.

Tracy
  • mark130273
    btw you need to travel, see the world! :D

i know i do....but got my head into books now......another 3 years of it.....i know i get summer off but not got a great job so cant efford it YET ! no likely you were going to say no .......sitting on a gondola in venice.....:crying:
  • messedup89
    i know i do....but got my head into books now......another 3 years of it.....i know i get summer off but not got a great job so cant efford it YET ! no likely you were going to say no .......sitting on a gondola in venice.....:crying:

:lol: i would have said yes if he dun it back home on a bus (but wud have wished it was a little more romantic). How come you get the summer off?
    Im doing it now while im young and not tied down with children or bills. Once they come along it will be 1 trip to disneyland and then butlins, pontins, southport etc etc :lol:
  • mark130273
    :lol: i would have said yes if he dun it back home on a bus (but wud have wished it was a little more romantic). How come you get the summer off?
    Im doing it now while im young and not tied down with children or bills. Once they come along it will be 1 trip to disneyland and then butlins, pontins, southport etc etc :lol:

when i say get the summer off i mean form learning . not from work ....

well yeh i have a littleone and you got it right im being dragged to disneyland in november........do it while your young i never and iwish i did.....been to lanzerote a couple of years ago and i am deffinately going back someime...
  • messedup89
    since i turned 17 (20 now) ive been to greece 3 times, disneyland paris 3 times, italy, london twice, off to greece again in a few week and eqypt for 2 week next year plus paris again hopefully. Considering china aswell. It leaves me totally skint every month but well worth it :D
  • mark130273
    since i turned 17 (20 now) ive been to greece 3 times, disneyland paris 3 times, italy, london twice, off to greece again in a few week and eqypt for 2 week next year plus paris again hopefully. Considering china aswell. It leaves me totally skint every month but well worth it :D

well if you can do it now before you get a good old mortgage and kids then...thats the way to do it ......wish i oculd go back and have my time again , dont think i would waste it !!!
  • messedup89
    well if you can do it now before you get a good old mortgage and kids then...thats the way to do it ......wish i oculd go back and have my time again , dont think i would waste it !!!

just wait till they move out, then you can go and do all you want :thumbup: gives you plenty of time to save up :thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    why when she turns 6(six) then she off on her own........well she tells us what to do now .........so by the time she gets to six im thinking of moving out then anyway till shes about 30 ???hahahaha
  • taskey
    i have a 14 year old at boarding school and my 9 year old goes in 2 years, then i am off on holiday - just me and hubby. cannot wait. although we have not done too bad since having the kids, the first couple of years were pontins (MIL worked there so cheaper than usual). but we go to italy every year and we also do a ski holiday every year too.

can't complain

Tracy
  • mark130273
    hey if end up going to butlins or something simular it can end up being as just as expensive as a holiday abroad. especially as i seen in the paper today that some places have pints at anaverage of 30p ?????

dont go to UAE most expensive at Β£7 ???
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    hey if end up going to butlins or something simular it can end up being as just as expensive as a holiday abroad. especially as i seen in the paper today that some places have pints at anaverage of 30p ?????

dont go to UAE most expensive at Β£7 ???

30p a pint?!?!
Privacy Policy