Unit 15 & Unit 6

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I have just passed my FRA and am due to take my ECR in December. My tutor says I am ready to do my Skills Test on CMCC but I feel I need to do a bit more studying first as I am not totally confident yet. Do you think I have enough time to study for the next couple of weeks for Unit 15 and then start on Unit 6 after that and be ready in time for December sitting? I am studying Distance Learning and work full time and am starting to worry a bit.:ohmy:

Thanks for any advice.

Julie:001_smile:

Comments

• timgriff
    timgriff Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi jewels,

In a similar situation to you, will be starting Unit 6 after Unit 15 in about September time (kaplan dist learning). I think it will be more than achievable; depends how much time you set aside for study.... I try and do about 6 hours on the weekend and a few hours during the week. Then when it's getting nearer to the exams I might take a couple of days holiday to catch up. But i think it depends on the individual....

I was hoping to possibly squeeze in unit 32 Prof Ethics as well but I don't know if that's being a bit too optimistic :confused1: !?!
  • jewels.p
    timgriff wrote: Β»
    Hi jewels,

In a similar situation to you, will be starting Unit 6 after Unit 15 in about September time (kaplan dist learning). I think it will be more than achievable; depends how much time you set aside for study.... I try and do about 6 hours on the weekend and a few hours during the week. Then when it's getting nearer to the exams I might take a couple of days holiday to catch up. But i think it depends on the individual....

I was hoping to possibly squeeze in unit 32 Prof Ethics as well but I don't know if that's being a bit too optimistic :confused1: !?!

I did Prof Ethics in March. I set up my timetable so that I did an Exam and Skills Test in the first half of the year and the same in the second half except I seemed to have a lot more time at the beginning of the year than I do now!:crying:

Feel a bit better now I know I am not the only one in this situation. Thanks and good luck with your studying!:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Jewels i think personally get the sim out of the way as soon as poss as ECR is a large sylabus, i at one point was covering 3 units at once (15, 32 and 6) it got too confusing and majorly fustrating and wish i could have taken more time to understand the units induvidually.

Good luck with ya study and please give me a yell if i can help i will :001_smile:
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Hi Jewels i think personally get the sim out of the way as soon as poss as ECR is a large sylabus, i at one point was covering 3 units at once (15, 32 and 6) it got too confusing and majorly fustrating and wish i could have taken more time to understand the units induvidually.

Good luck with ya study and please give me a yell if i can help i will :001_smile:

Thanks A-Vic:001_smile:
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    What's CCMC?
  • A-Vic
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    What's CCMC?

Cash Management and Credit Control unit 15
  • AK002
    Ah i've opted not to do that one.. Good :)
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi newby here just passed FRA in June and have the professional ethics sim booked for 05th September.

Professional ethics is very short and a lot of it is common sense so reckon you could squeeze that in before Dec exams if you have spare 2-3 weeks.

Me personally as well as prof ethics I am working on cash management which I hope to do around October and have also just sent away for Unit 6 ECR to get into the December exam.

I work full time and am doing the distance learning (out of my own pocket hence my title 'no business case') and the way I am juggling it is I am working through Cash management at present, and will switch to professional ethics the week or 10 days before the sim, and then back to cash management to sit the mock and then the sim by mid October, and squeeze in UT6 from October onwards and have a go at the exam in December and if no good have another crack in June!

No idea when I will fit in things such as eating, sleeping and actually going out and enjoying myself but you cant have it all can you!!?!?

My motto anything is possible and keep on smiling through!! ha ha
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi
    I'm sitting my Professional Ethics simulation next week - how did you find it? Any cheeky questions that was not in the norm?
    Thanks
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Only sat the mock exam for ethics (proper sim 05th Sept) but with that subject there are only so many questions you can be given I reckon!

I found with my mock it was just a case of really reading all the course companion thoroughly, in conjunction with the AATs ethics guidelines and then going from there!

If in doubt err on the side of caution and brush up on Money laundering procedure, Know your Client and dear old DTOPIC and its spin offs and you will be fine!
  • A-Vic
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    Ah i've opted not to do that one.. Good :)

you jammy bugga i hated this unit out of all i did (am doing dipolma so had no choice):thumbdown:
  • AK002
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    you jammy bugga i hated this unit out of all i did (am doing dipolma so had no choice):thumbdown:

Ooh this must be the only good thing about doing NVQ then!!
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Thanks for your reply.

A-Vic : I also really dislike this subject and having to do it as i'm also Diploma route. Roll on tax & MAC exams in Dec, as at least that will be number crunching!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Jewels, I am planning on doing the same. Have just started CMCC which doesn't seem too long a unit, so fingers crossed. Was going to do do Professional Ethnics first, but think it would be a struggle for me

Would like to work towards sitting ECR in December, but as you say, there doesn't seem to be as much time in the later half of the year, December doesn't seem that far away any more!!
  • jewels.p
    Jewels, I am planning on doing the same. Have just started CMCC which doesn't seem too long a unit, so fingers crossed. Was going to do do Professional Ethnics first, but think it would be a struggle for me

Would like to work towards sitting ECR in December, but as you say, there doesn't seem to be as much time in the later half of the year, December doesn't seem that far away any more!!

I am glad I got Professional Ethics out of the way at the beginning of year. I didnt enjoy that unit. I have booked my CMCC for next week as Tutor reckoned I was ready for it before my Hols. But just back after two weeks off and work manic. Tried to study last night for it but cant seem to get back into it. Gonna start ECR next week after I've attempted Skills Test as I will prob end up getting all muddled up if I am studying both at once. Good Luck:001_smile:
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Good luck for your sim this week, what day are you sitting it?
  • jewels.p
    Sat it yesterday was really hard and time was not on my side! I am Ok with Cash Flows (I think) but the rest was a bit of a nightmare. So much writing to do my arm was aching afterwards but I probably waffled on too much

Just a waiting game now but not too confident.:thumbdown:
Privacy Policy