F.A.O. Glynis

Options
Sue
Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I don’t post on the forum very often, but look on here most days as I am a Member in Practice and there is sometimes useful information.

There are a few people on the forum who are always very helpful and give up a lot of their own time to help others.

You appear to have posted a lot of queries directed at Steve recently and have expected an immediate response; a lot of people would have lost patience with you a long time ago.

As far as I know Steve is not an AAT Member of Staff so has probably not received any payment from you for all the help he has given. I therefore think it would be a nice gesture on your part to offer to make a donation to a charity of his choice.

Comments

• Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Agreed.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I do agree with part of what was said but i would hate to think the forums might turn into a witch hunt also. Some people may become frightened to ask questions am sure if steve (cant speak for him but i hope he would agree) didnt want to answer he wouldn't have.
  • Baggybooks
    Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I would also agree with some of what you say, but I think it's timely to remind folk that Steve answers queries because he's the kind of person who genuinely likes to help.

Nowt wrong with showing appreciation for that. After all, he's a virtual one-to-one tutor at times.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    My point is this post should be stopped now it is kinda crule if sue felt as strong about it she should have put it in a pm
  • Sue
    Options
    Not sure there was anything cruel in what I said or that it shouldn’t be posted in an open forum.

I agree that people should feel free to ask questions but I don’t think they should chase people up when they don’t respond immediately. As I said before people are giving up their own time to help others on this forum.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Have to agree with A-Vic.

I wondered why Glynis didnt seem to pm Steve with her questions, but then realised that the questions and answers given could help other people in the future. Does that mean that anyone who finds help in the explanations should give a donation?
  • Sue
    Options
    Good idea.

Perhaps the AAT could set up a charity of the month and anyone that feels they have been helped on the Forum could donate - it doesn't have to be much.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I agree with A-Vic.

You would probably see a rapid decline in the use of the forum if you had to start 'paying' for help.

I've not had any dealing with Steve yet, but he does come on here and answer queries, he isn't bound by a contract to come on and answer anything..

But meh.. that's neither here nor there. Glynis did pass her exam anyway and I feel she just felt a bit overwhelmed and should have more self-confidence in future!!
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Should have been a PM.
  • jow774
    Options
    Re: Sues last comment (sorry Im a bit thick and dont know how to do the quote thing!)

At least no one is being singled out and the donations are voluntary.

Or are you implying that it should be madatory? Perhaps someone could give up their time to ensure that everyone who is helped makes a donation?

I dont mean to sound sarcastic but as A-Vic says its Steves decision to give up his time, if he didnt want to he could either ignore the requests or say that he wasnt prepared to answer them.

I cant help think "what does it matter to you Sue" whether Glynis gives a donation or not?
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well I think Sue should get the ball rolling with the donations, lead by example.

My nominated charity is 'Mr Sonny Liston'

It doesn't have to be much.
  • arleneld
    arleneld Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Glynis ! Glynis! Glynis! :thumbup1:

She's become a legend :001_smile:
  • AK002
    Options
    jow774 wrote: »
    I cant help think "what does it matter to you Sue" whether Glynis gives a donation or not?

... agree!
  • princess
    princess Registered Posts: 80 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sonny_L wrote: »
    Well I think Sue should get the ball rolling with the donations, lead by example.

My nominated charity is 'Mr Sonny Liston'

It doesn't have to be much.

Charity should be for me i think!! hehe!
  • Sue
    Options
    I have made charity donations before when people on the forum have helped me then asked people to contribute to their charity. I would be quite happy to continue doing this.

I don’t think it should be compulsory, but it is a nice gesture to support the charity of someone who has helped you.
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I actually think that it is wrong to demand that someone *should* donate to charity. We have no idea of anyone's ability to afford anything, and that puts pressure on. How do you know if Glynis already has donated? This definately should be in a PM and not on an open forum. Sorry but that's just my thoughts.
  • jow774
    Options
    Re: Sues earlier quote.

Good for you, its great that you had the "CHOICE" to do that, without persuasion or inference.

I still wonder why Steve giving his free help to Glynis causes you concern?
  • Pinkjo
    Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    jow774 wrote: »
    Good for you, its great that you had the "CHOICE" to do that, without persuasion or inference.

I still wonder why Steve giving his free help to Glynis causes you concern?

PS could anyone help me and tell me how to quote????

Click on "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote from, and make sure you leave the
    text in before you post. HTH
  • jow774
    Options
    Thanks Im a little slow, lol.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Sue wrote: »
    Not sure there was anything cruel in what I said or that it shouldn’t be posted in an open forum.

I agree that people should feel free to ask questions but I don’t think they should chase people up when they don’t respond immediately. As I said before people are giving up their own time to help others on this forum.

This is the last point sorry the reply took a while just home from work.

I do like the idea of charitable donations offered the only thi ng i disliked about this thread was the way it was directed to an induviual person.

Anyway this week is a positive one for me so i would like to end my contribution to this thread and wish you well sue and glynnis and steve (whom i will pester over this next year) :lol:
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    How cheeky Sue of you to suggest that, you dont know Glynis financial position and frankly its none of your business either.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm with Sue on this. Glynis has saved a small fortune in one on one tuition fees so it would only be fair to make a small contribution, even a couple of quid, to something close to Steve's heart. No-one over the last three to four years of forum history has received as much personal help. The etiquette of the forums should be that you receive something now, you give something later, otherwise the spirit of offering in depth, free advice may stop.

Not sure about the name and shame mechanism of the original post but a PM might not work (and Glynis hasn't been online in three days either).
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Glynis hasn't been online in three days either).

no wonder...now she's passed DFS, mission is over....bye bye everybody...

I agree too with the post and Blobbyh
  • Londina
    Options
    Sandy asked for donations a while ago:
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Thank you for your patience waiting for these answers
    I now have 4 answers available (none official but all have been proof read by candidates who sat the exams this year)

To the best of my knowledge they are correct, but if you spot errors however small I would appreciate your help so I can correct them.

There is no charge, but I would very much like you to consider a charitable donation to
    http://www.justgiving.com/Cerebral-Connections
    These young people would welcome your generosity to help them raise not only funds for The Neurosurgical Unit at Birmingham Children's Hospital , but also an awareness of their own particular conditions. They want to educate people about their different disabilities; there are trillions of cerebral connections in the brain.
    Further information about the organisation is available at http://www.cerebralconnections.org/index.html

My email has an out of office set up all the time at the moment.
  • jow774
    Options
    Would people require proof that Glynis had contributed?
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm sorry but I thought the forums were a place to ask for help. Is this not the case now?

I am eternally greatful for steve's help over the last few weeks. Passing my AAT is a personal ambition and I was upset after I did DFS and saw Steves suggested answers as my college were very disorganised and unsupportive so a lot of preparation was done on my own.

@Londina
    I object to your insinuation that just because I've passed AAT that's why I have not logged on. For your information I have been dealing with my unit 17.

Surely if Steve and Sandy did not want to help they wouldn't go to the lengths they do on here!!

If steve wants me to donate to charity then I will do.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Glynis you are a star :thumbup:
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    waiting for steve and sandys comments :lol:
  • Londina
    Options
    Glynis wrote: »
    @Londina
    I object to your insinuation that just because I've passed AAT that's why I have not logged on. For your information I have been dealing with my unit 17.

Apart that my comment was sarcastic...anyway what do you expect since you had this pushy bad attitude in your previous posts?...
  • AK002
    Options
    I really don't see why this 'personal' attack on Glynis is still going on?
Privacy Policy