Does Diploma route count for UCAS points?

hztm
hztm Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
Hi,
The UCAS web site says that the NVQ Level 3 is worth 160 points. Does the Diploma Route (Advanced Certificate) also count or is it only the NVQ route.

Thank you for any advice

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I dunno..

But what are UCAS points?
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It's for University.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I must admit I thought the 160 points was for Level 4 or Diploma level.
  • hztm
    It says on the UCAS site that the 160 points is for level 3 NVQ - just wondered if it counts for Diploma as well - I will fire an email to aat.
  • hztm
    AAT say that only the NVQ route provides the UCAS points and not the Diploma route. As far as UCAS are concerned, the NVQ intermediate level is worth 160 points which is higher than an A grade at A level. However they do not recognise the Diploma route.

I guess this implies that the NVQ route is considered higher than Diploma route. What a shame I have signed up for Diploma.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hztm wrote: ยป
    AAT say that only the NVQ route provides the UCAS points and not the Diploma route. As far as UCAS are concerned, the NVQ intermediate level is worth 160 points which is higher than an A grade at A level. However they do not recognise the Diploma route.

I guess this implies that the NVQ route is considered higher than Diploma route. What a shame I have signed up for Diploma.

160 UCAS points? wow aat plus my a levels and i could get into any uni course i wanted! Tho now pointless going uni as going to do ACCA after aat. Do you know how many points nvq lv4 technician are worth?
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    This is appalling the government changed from NVQ to Diploma and now they say they are less valuable for UCAS - what is going on???
  • hztm
    messedup89 - You get the points for NVQ Intermediate - you do not get anything extra for Level 4. Bizarre - Anyway, I too am going to following the same route as you - ACCA.
Privacy Policy