HELP!!!!!!!!! (Summary Reports)

Andypandy
Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
I've just found an email from one of the bosses asking me for a summary report tommorow????!!!! I initially thought it must be a brief summary of all figures that he wants, but have googled it & it seems that it could also be some kind of consilidation of a load of excel spreadsheets instead. What would you lot produce (bearing in mind it's got to be done tonight)??

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Could it just be a summary?

I.e. he will have spreadsheet that are for each month maybe? and requires totals etc?

What sorta data we talking about?
  • Andypandy
    It's income lost from different areas, over a few years, & now I've found it, what should be claimed this year. It was a very big spreadsheet.
  • AK002
    It's gunna be a long night then.....

Edit: ah you've finished it lol
  • Andypandy
    PS. I only gave him the different sheets with the problems which I'd found.
  • Andypandy
    So you don't think it's just a case of doing the excel consolidation thingy, then? I'm really not in the mood for writing reports, & there'll be tonnes of number crunching to do!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Unless this is your spreadsheet i.e. your design and/or your responsibility for maintaining it - it would be incredibly unfair to expect you to pick up someone else's work and adapt it at short notice (dependant upon when you got the original message).

Excel sheets are often so unique to the designer that it can take considerable time for someone else to figure out the mechanics of them. Mine are beautifully simple for users of them with the tricky stuff locked and hidden away but would be a bugger for most people trying to work them out.

Doesn't answer your question but good luck anyway.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    spreadsheets.....the best thing in the world !!
  • AK002
    Aye when they're doing what you want them too!
  • Andypandy
    I ended up getting a load of totals together - what was, what should have been & what will be, & wrote a quick report with % increases on last year etc. Not had any feedback yet, but heyho.......
  • AK002
    P45 first thing on Monday morning lol..
  • Andypandy
    Thanks for that AK!
Privacy Policy