Acca

r30hul
r30hul Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hey guys

I have finally registered for ACCA with all my exemptions!! just received my email confirmation with all my passwords to access myACCA!
anyone else received these yet???

I am told i will received a welcome pack in the post soon, has any else received this?

Also is there anyone doing there ACCA at Derby University?

:thumbup1:

Comments

• cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I called them yesterday, and they confirmed everything was done, but i havent had anything yet. I cant wait to be honest!

You doing F4 & F5?
  • r30hul
    Hi

Im doing the Law module and Tax Module first! cant remember what F no. they are!

Where are you doing your exams?

I just want to get these exams out the way now!!!:thumbup1:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Law is F4 and tax is F6
  • cs_1988
    Doing mine at Reed College in Little Compton!!

I'm doing Law and F5 (Performance Management i think)

Quite edgy about law to be honest as i am a number person, not great at written questions!
  • lork
    lork Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Don't get too excited about the welcome 'pack' - it's a CD rom, a membership card and an invoice for your exemptions!
  • cs_1988
    They charge you for exemptions??????

Thats daylight robery. I'm going to send them an invoice for the time i spent applying for the exemptions!
  • lork
    Yes, £50 per exemption, so £150 in total. Haven't paid mine yet as, after seeing the law text book, I have decided not to continue.
  • cs_1988
    Yeah the law text book looks fun doesnt it! Don't give up though, if your are going to college i am sure you will find it fine! Have you got study support?
  • lork
    That's the problem - I would be self-funding as I work for a small company which doesn't need the ACCA qualification. (They wouldn't pay for my AAT because they got their fingers burned with a previous employee). I was going to see how far I could get with just home study to cut down on costs but I lasted an hour with the F4 text book!

I don't want to give up but I don't want to start now, pay for my exemptions and exam fees, etc, and then give up at a later date. Every day I change my mind!
  • cs_1988
    Can you not maybe look for a supporting trainee job somewhere. Lots around this time of year! Especially with your exemptions you should be in a better position than most, or you could skip F4 for now, and wait untill you do have support before tackling that one!!!
  • lork
    Leaving F4 was another idea that crossed my mind, because I quite like the look of F5 as it's similar to PEV/PCR but then you've got tax and auditing afterwards! Fun!

As I said, I change my mind every day. Today I would rather spend my money on nice shoes than revision courses and text books but who knows about tomorrow!

Good luck with your studies, though. Hope it goes well.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    lork wrote: »
    Don't get too excited about the welcome 'pack' - it's a CD rom, a membership card and an invoice for your exemptions!

I didn't get an invoice in mine!! My registration came through before the exam results though, so maybe it will come later.

To all those studying law, I started about a month ago and was ready to send my books back, but I've stuck with it and it does seem to be sinking in slowly!
  • r30hul
    The funny thing is, that i am quite looking forward to the Law module, I just cant wait to start!!!

I take it that most people on here are doing a home study course???
    :001_smile:
  • cs_1988
    I'm at college, after AAT home study decided college was the best route for the rather un motivated type!

It will be fun i'm sure, but just looks like a lot to learn!! Have you looked at the last couple of exam papers??
  • parks38
    parks38 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Where do you get the law book from?
  • lork
    From Amazon
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm hoping to start ACCA at college in January, think we're doing F5 & 6 first. I don't like the sound of the law paper either, but my friend is doing a law degree so I might have to pick her brains if I get stuck!

I haven't completed my registration yet as I'm still waiting for my Technician certificate to come through so I can send it off to get my exemptions. I'm a bit worried about the exemptions tho as I've read you need to have completed NVQ levels 2 3 and 4 to be exempt from the first 3 papers. I skipped the Foundation level and started straight on Intermediate, does this mean I won't be able to claim the exemptions without actually doing Foundation aswell (which seems a bit pointless when I've passed Intermediate and Technician!)

Would be great to hear from anyone in the same situation, thanks!
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hey all . i received my welcome pak weeks ago. 2day i got the exam entry form. gona register online tho. got my exemptions too! im doin f4 n f6. luvvv f6!! f4 is all theory ofcourse... find it a little drowsy!lol.
  • wolfe
    hi rozzi rainbow. u'll get the exemptions coz u have completed tchnician. foundation doesnt matter. i skipped foundation too.
  • wolfe
    R30hul im doing f4 n f6 thru a part time course
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    wolfe wrote: »
    hi rozzi rainbow. u'll get the exemptions coz u have completed tchnician. foundation doesnt matter. i skipped foundation too.

Thanks wolfe! Phew that's a relief, I had visions of trying to cram Foundation in by the end of the year. The wording's not very clear tho, suggesting you have to have completed all 3 levels when it's only Technician that matters.
  • lork
    Rather than wait for your certificate to arrive, ACCA will accept a printout of your statement of achievement.
  • cs_1988
    Rozzi,

Defo get your statement of achievement to them ASAP, if not by 31st August you wont be able to do any exams in December!

Chris
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    Rozzi,

Defo get your statement of achievement to them ASAP, if not by 31st August you wont be able to do any exams in December!

Chris

Thanks Lork and Chris, I do have my SOA ready to send them but thought they'll need my certificate too. There's no rush though as I'm not doing any exams till June at the earliest - my college course doesn't start till January! I'm hoping my certificate will come any day now so might hold on a few days longer and see.

When ACCA say they need certificates of all my qualifications, does this mean GCSEs and A Levels aswell? Or have you just sent AAT stuff?
  • lork
    It would be just proof of your AAT, as 'evidence' for the exemptions.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    we've had our A level certificates sent aswell
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    It would be just proof of your AAT, as 'evidence' for the exemptions.

Yes I'd thought that they'd only need the proof for the exemptions, but then on the checklist sheet detailing everything I need to send it says all Educational Certificates! But on my online application I never gave any info about my GCSEs and A Levels (couldn't remember them all off the top of my head!) so I'll just send my AAT statements of achievement off and see what happens!

Thanks for everyone's help!
  • lork
    Crikey, I wouldn't even know where my GCSE certificates were, and my A Level ones aren't worth the paper they're written on (I barely scraped passes just by writing my name on the answer paper!). I just assumed it was the most recent qualification so only did my AAT stuff. They even granted my exemptions weeks before they had received my final techician exam results...
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rather than wait for your certificate to arrive, ACCA will accept a printout of your statement of achievement.

So I sent my statements of achievement to ACCA and they've decided they won't accept them coz it doesn't specifically say I have completed the level, just lists when I've completed each module. I've just checked on my AAT now and when you first view the statement it does say at the bottom 'Congratulations on completing Technician' but when you go to printable view (which I did thinking the layout would be better!) this sentence disappears!!!!

At least my certificate has arrived now so I'm just going to send that to ACCA - and they've said I can just fax it across which will be quicker.

I'll get there eventually - seems daft tho that the AAT manage to lose the vital sentence when you try and print it (should've just printed the first page I know!)
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    And also the ACCA are very slow replying to emails, I first emailed them to query why they weren't accepting my Statements of Achievement last Friday and still hadn't heard back today so I had to ring them today to get it sorted!!!

Ok rant over now.
Privacy Policy