ACCA Exemption fee??

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Does anyone know anything about this? It seems the ACCA are charging me £150 (maybe £300!!) for taking exemptions from the first three papers :mad2:

That is grossly unfair as (i) no one told me about any charge for the exemptions and (ii) I feel I've already paid quite a lot of money to achieve those exemptions, why should I pay again for them to simply update their records?? Where is the cost to them to justify a £150 charge?!?!

Utterly ridiculous. I am not made of money!!!

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    not a clue MATT but im hoping thats not the case ....
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It is the case.

You have to pay the exam fee for your exemptions, I don't know how they justify it either but it is correct - we've all had to pay it!!

I believe the other CCAB bodies do the same.
  • LondonMatt
    As I said over on the ACCA forum - which is so quiet....

It's nothing short of disgraceful, another way to con a bit more dosh out you. I paid a heck of a lot of money to take the AAT course, will pay even more to do ACCA and yet they still manage to have the nerve to over charge you for literally two minutes work - the AAT send an automatic email to the ACCA confirming that you've qualified. All the ACCA have to do is make a note on your joining application - which has to be paid for seperately anyway - and send you the joining instructions with a note stating you're exempt.

No way does it cost them £150 to do that.

It just goes to prove that no matter what they say, the ACCA - like the training centres - just see us students as a cash machine to be bled. I've only had one ACCA class and I'm already sick of the money grabbing ethos that permeates the course down to it's core.
  • mark130273
    for pete sake ........got to tell my boss now...or maybe i will just give him the bill when hes not thinking about money ??when ever that might be?
  • Bluewednesday
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    As I said over on the ACCA forum - which is so quiet....

It's nothing short of disgraceful, another way to con a bit more dosh out you. I paid a heck of a lot of money to take the AAT course, will pay even more to do ACCA and yet they still manage to have the nerve to over charge you for literally two minutes work - the AAT send an automatic email to the ACCA confirming that you've qualified. All the ACCA have to do is make a note on your joining application - which has to be paid for seperately anyway - and send you the joining instructions with a note stating you're exempt.

No way does it cost them £150 to do that.

It just goes to prove that no matter what they say, the ACCA - like the training centres - just see us students as a cash machine to be bled. I've only had one ACCA class and I'm already sick of the money grabbing ethos that permeates the course down to it's core.

Well as I said, it's the same with the other bodies as far as I'm aware!
  • LondonMatt
    Well as I said, it's the same with the other bodies as far as I'm aware!

They are all the same. Only care about the amount of money they can squeeze from you. The £150 charge is unnecessary and grossly overpriced
  • Bluewednesday
    Unfortunately I had to accept it as a cost of studying.

It got worse, when you pass your exams you become an affiliate where they charged me £95 to be an affiliate and then £95 annual subscription (so I paid £190 in the same year). Then when I got my work experience quota in (July 09) I had to pay £175 and now my annual fees are £175 (so I've paid £350 this year) on top of the AAT ones!

Even worse I have to pay them myself as my boss gets no benefit from me being ACCA (apart from the knowledge) as I can sign even less than I could as MAAT.
  • mark130273
    fees fees and more bloody fees.........dont they ever top ?
Privacy Policy