Branch Meetings

lessci
lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Does anyone know what the dress code is for branch meetings, I'm attending my first one tomorrow and don't want to go in workwear, if everyone else is going to be in casuals or the other way around.

Thanks

Comments

• boxman2000
    boxman2000 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I too would like to know this for CPD courses (in particular weekend courses)

Sorry to hijack thread!
  • boxman2000
    boxman2000 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Just heard back from AAT and they said "Please wear whatever you feel comfortable in, as there is no dress code, as such."
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just heard back from AAT and they said "Please wear whatever you feel comfortable in, as there is no dress code, as such."

:LOL: omg that leaves it way to open for interpritation (pants needed should be added) :lol:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    AK will be turning up in his gimp suit

lol

tracy
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor โญ
    In the branch meetings I have attended most have gone in workwear as they start at 6.30 and are straight after work, although other attire is also suitable as they are very informal.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've got a branch meeting in Derby next week. I suppose jeans, T-shirt and skate shoes (my usual attire) is a little too informal?
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I normally change into my trainers, jeans and jumper, I feel more relaxed then, I treated it the same as I would have when I went to college. I think its important to feel comfortable.
  • oakley
    oakley Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor โญ
    one tip, turn up early and then you get the best of the food before it runs out!
  • A-Vic
    so what happens at these meetings?
  • lessci
    iI'll let you know tomorrow (as long as it's not salvery and I've been take off to sunnier climes) lol
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    So that's...tracksuit, nike trainers and baseball cap at 90 degree angle out of the question !!!
  • lessci
    It really was come as you are, some in work clothes, others in casuals, a friendly and welcoming bunch of people and an interesting (I know it sad ) talk on the changes to VAT including the EU changes and how they will affect businesses.
  • A-Vic
    lessci wrote: ยป
    It really was come as you are, some in work clothes, others in casuals, a friendly and welcoming bunch of people and an interesting (I know it sad ) talk on the changes to VAT including the EU changes and how they will affect businesses.

where was the meeting?
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    I'm another person who enjoys going to the branch meetings, so much so that I am now a branch committee member and help to organise them !!!
    Brilliant way of meeting new people - have made a few friends along the way too.

I started to go to these whilst doing AAT via homestudy - so it was a good way of picking up useful bits of information.

As a member you have an option of looking at AAT branch events - not sure whether this has changed to include students ( I know mine didn't before I changed to full member)
  • marknotgeorge
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    So that's...tracksuit, nike trainers and baseball cap at 90 degree angle out of the question !!!

Isn't that business attire in Essex? ;)
  • marknotgeorge
    As a member you have an option of looking at AAT branch events - not sure whether this has changed to include students ( I know mine didn't before I changed to full member)

I found out about the branch event I'm going to next week through the AAT website. MyAAT will tell you where your nearest branch is.
  • lessci
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    where was the meeting?

Royal Leamington Spa (nose in the air), Warwickshire, It's about an hour from my house, but 20 mionutes from work so I just hung about a bit and went straight from there. I'm inbetween Warwickshire branch, Birmingham Branch and Leicester Branch where I live, so I just pick and choose the events, lucky me.
  • Vonni
    Vonni Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor โญ
    My sister is the Chair of our local branch and really there is no set dress code. Depending on where I've been depends on what I'm wearing - in the early days whilst with a young family and studying i wore jeans and tee. Now working full time with the meetings starting at between 6 - 6.30 I'm usually in my business clothes.

I've seen all sorts good, bad and pure ugly - my view is if you're a true professional then you look professional and groomed whether wearing office attire or casual attire. Don't forget this is a way of networking - you could meet someone who could be really important to your career or future as a MIP.

Oh and by the way student members are always welcome at the branch meetings they are not there just for qualified members or MIP - one of future meetings is on 'Revision Skills' - which my student employee will be attending with me.

Please support your local branch!

Vonni
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป
    AK will be turning up in his gimp suit

lol

tracy

lol just saw this :P!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    and you just realised that your a gimp then !!!! hahahaha
  • marknotgeorge
    The event I went to in Derby last night was fascinating. All about computer forensics and how they can get data off damaged hard drives and mobile phones that went flying off of motorbikes, even if it's been deleted. The strawberry tarts were fine, if a bit crumbly.
Privacy Policy