Nicci French

fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Anybody else read any Nicci French Novels? I have so far read 6 in a row - can't put them down. Am dreading now going back to college and having to study instead of reading what I want (been completely neglecting family!!)

By the way if you didn't know - it's a husband and wife team that write them. I bet they argue a lot!

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    By the way if you didn't know - it's a husband and wife team that write them. I bet they argue a lot!

What, like how Mrs Dan Brown writes half the Mr Dan Brown novels while plagiarising the rest from previously written non-fiction works and then sticking her hubbie's name on the front? Maybe she's such a two bag job that only he can be seen out in public?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I made a promise to myself that i would read at least one book over the summer and i did pick one called cybil read the first chapter it was looking really good then forgot about it. But i do like to read and maybe will over christmas but for now its back to study sessions
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am reading the Time Traveller's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger.

It's about a guy who travels in time involuntarily, he gets no warning and jumps back or forward in time (it's some genetic flaw) and he meets the love of his life when he is adult and she is 6 or so, and he keeps jumping back and forth so they meet up when they are different ages all the time. It's a love story really so it's one for the ladies!
  • A-Vic
    I am reading the Time Traveller's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger.

It's about a guy who travels in time involuntarily, he gets no warning and jumps back or forward in time (it's some genetic flaw) and he meets the love of his life when he is adult and she is 6 or so, and he keeps jumping back and forth so they meet up when they are different ages all the time. It's a love story really so it's one for the ladies!

isnt there a film on at the pics based on this book at the momment?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    What, like how Mrs Dan Brown writes half the Mr Dan Brown novels while plagiarising the rest from previously written non-fiction works and then sticking her hubbie's name on the front? Maybe she's such a two bag job that only he can be seen out in public?
    Never sure if the line "The famous man looked at the red cup" actually occurs in The Da Vinci Code or was made up my Stewart Lee, either way it perfectly sums up Dan Brown's leaden prose style.

At the moment I'm re-reading Roberto Calasso's wonderful exploration of Greek Myth - The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony, poetic, profound and hugely entertaining. About as far removed from the semi-literate cr*p that Dan Brown churns out as you can get.

In addition, in mode I'm having another crack at getting to grips with the Ruby on Rails framework so I'm also reading Agile Web Development with Rails and Ruby for Rails. Yeah, OK so I'm a geek, it's my job.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    has anyone read the F4 business and corp law book from bpp...just can put it down...it so exciting....
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    More like a good cure for insomnia!

You think that's bad - just wait until you do F8 - the only class I fell asleep in (audit)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    oh no ???you not telling me i have to do audit agian..........thought i had that out the way in the AAT !!!!! oh double ballcocks....
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

I did think so but not seen any publicity, it would be right up my street, I'd have to go alone though.

Does everyone else find that the men watch blood guts, gore and science fiction and the girls watch romantic, relationship stuff (as my OH calls it!).

It's so funny when I'm doing my homework I can hear the telly, explosions, gun fire, car chases etc., reverberating from the next room (while the cat's away!!), and he even watches Steven Segal movies - anything in the genre will do!!
  • A-Vic

I did think so but not seen any publicity, it would be right up my street, I'd have to go alone though.

Does everyone else find that the men watch blood guts, gore and science fiction and the girls watch romantic, relationship stuff (as my OH calls it!).

It's so funny when I'm doing my homework I can hear the telly, explosions, gun fire, car chases etc., reverberating from the next room (while the cat's away!!), and he even watches Steven Segal movies - anything in the genre will do!!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/film_reviews/article6794843.ece

film review is mixed
  • CJC
    and he even watches Steven Segal movies - anything in the genre will do!!
    Don't think I've ever watched a Steven Segal movie - I do have some standards.
  • Bluewednesday
    I took my daughter to see the film as we've both read the book.

We enjoyed it and thought it was well done.
  • blobbyh
    I took my daughter to see the film as we've both read the book.

We enjoyed it and thought it was well done.

Was that before or after you corrupted my Caitlyn into your evil Farmville ways? I dunno, there's you heavily into Farmville, Chris and Rachael into Mousehunt, Vic into Texas Hold 'Em and me into - errrrrrr.........
  • Bluewednesday
    Bless - I am her favourite person right at this moment as I let her adopt my ugly duckling - she's been desperate for one.

I love the way she sticks up for me when you nag me!!!
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Was that before or after you corrupted my Caitlyn into your evil Farmville ways? I dunno, there's you heavily into Farmville, Chris and Rachael into Mousehunt, Vic into Texas Hold 'Em and me into - errrrrrr.........

Swearing, by the looks of things...
  • blobbyh
    She told me off twice yesterday, the little madam.

I saw her plea for an ugly duckling and I see yours has now evolved into a swan or summat. I must be sad keeping up with the Facebook news of others.
  • blobbyh
    Swearing, by the looks of things...

Aah yes but that was when my FPOS Samsung decided to pack up on me....
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Aah yes but that was when my FPOS Samsung decided to pack up on me....

As if you need an excuse! Although a Samsung phone is reasonable grounds for a burst of Anglo-Saxon, to be fair.
  • blobbyh
    Apart from my ass predicting the weather last week or whenever, my Facebook profile has been pretty restrained of late, methinks.
  • CJC
    You have a donkey that predicts the weather? Cool!
  • blobbyh
    CJC wrote: ยป
    You have a donkey that predicts the weather? Cool!

He did until he signed for WBA.
Privacy Policy