Been accepted by AAT?

fifi83
fifi83 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Im devestated to have started the AAT course to find im might not get accepted due to been in credit agreements from my passed.

Does anybody no what information aat require im sending it off today and dont want to miss anything out.

Also has anyone ever been accepted with credit agreements

thanks Fiona

Comments

• Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Oh dear, i hope they dont do checks...... i wasn't aware of this!
  • Thomasl1
    Thomasl1 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that credit checks are only done when you apply to be an AAT Member in Practise (i.e After you have gained the qualification, become a full member and apply offer your services in conjunction with the AAT). I wouldn't have thought Credit Checks would take place prior to becoming a student member and beginning the qualification, however I may be wrong.
    Steve
  • fifi83
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Oh dear, i hope they dont do checks...... i wasn't aware of this!

Are you a memeber?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Not a full member, im still studying at technician. Looks like i wont make a MIP then!
  • fifi83
    I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that credit checks are only done when you apply to be an AAT Member in Practise (i.e After you have gained the qualification, become a full member and apply offer your services in conjunction with the AAT). I wouldn't have thought Credit Checks would take place prior to becoming a student member and beginning the qualification, however I may be wrong.
    Steve

So i could do the 3 years, i just may have a problem when i come to apply to be a full memeber?
  • fifi83
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Not a full member, im still studying at technician. Looks like i wont make a MIP then!

How did you get accepted for the first two years? did you just not say
  • lorrydee
    lorrydee Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have the same kind of problem.

When I started AAT I was not in any kind of agreement. I have, however, entered an agreement in the last year after my "fourth" redundancy and although I can now apply to be a member having passed in August I find myself wondering if this new agreement will stop me from being accepted.

Stupid faith in people at an early age left me with debts, which after four redundancies and a few broken relationships have just got worse until they were out of control.

I just think that as long as you are honest and don't try to hold anything back, it will be better in the long run.

There is information the AAT website as to what kind of information they require. Here is the link.....

http://www.aat.org.uk/content/item20123/
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    What sort of agreements are you talking about?

I also don't have a brilliant credit history after being a student a few years ago.
  • lorrydee
    lorrydee Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Not Credit Agreements, but Credit Arrangements.

Talking about if you have had difficulty keeping up with your payments and have entered an agreement with your creditors to pay a reduced amount each month. A formal one is called an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) which is agreed through the courts. A credit arrangement is where you agree outside of the courts, either by yourself or with the help of a company such as Baines & Ernst or Payplan.
  • fifi83
    Esme wrote: ยป
    What sort of agreements are you talking about?

I also don't have a brilliant credit history after being a student a few years ago.

What level are you at?

I have debt that went to debt agencies going back a few years ago and ever since i agreed to pay a certain amount each month
  • fifi83
    Not Credit Agreements, but Credit Arrangements.

Talking about if you have had difficulty keeping up with your payments and have entered an agreement with your creditors to pay a reduced amount each month. A formal one is called an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) which is agreed through the courts. A credit arrangement is where you agree outside of the courts, either by yourself or with the help of a company such as Baines & Ernst or Payplan.

yes mine are agreed with me not throw the courts.
  • Esme
    I'm doing technician but was hoping to become an MIP next year.

I have a loan which consolodated my debt which I finish paying off in a couple of years and a couple of defaults which will also clear in a couple of years.

I've always been under the impression that if you get a CCJ or similar whilst studying AAT then you may not be able to continue, so I ahve been very careful since beginning the course.
  • fifi83
    Esme wrote: ยป
    I'm doing technician but was hoping to become an MIP next year.

I have a loan which consolodated my debt which I finish paying off in a couple of years and a couple of defaults which will also clear in a couple of years.

do you have a set time in which you can apply to be MIP after finishing the 3 years?

Maybe you could apply once they are finish if they dont accept with an explanation.
  • Esme
    I'm not sure, I might just apply and be straight with them and explain that it happened long before I began working in finance and hope they understand.
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Other people have been through this and survived - see http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=16983 for a recent thread. Basically the sooner you go through the AAT process the better I think.
Privacy Policy