Some Questions

Dipak Thanki
Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi, I'm currently doing AAT Level 3 as an evening class. I'm 17 years old!

I was unsure and had a few questions, what do I have to do after AAT Level 3? I'm on the road to becoming a chartered accountant and wanted to know what comes after aat level 3 and so on.

I'm currently just doing aat and searching for a job, do you guys thinka ccounting firms would give me a job, while i do aat etc? like in the day time and do aat in the evenings, for experience.

Comments

• Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    depends what kind of chartered accountancy you want to study and become to know what type of course to do after level 3 aat...

try searching at the forum here but also the different types of charted accountancy and thus the different associations..like for example Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales(ICAEW) (designatory letters ACA)

Regards, Ponder
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You could also look into ACCA-Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants.
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi, I'm currently doing AAT Level 3 as an evening class. I'm 17 years old!

I was unsure and had a few questions, what do I have to do after AAT Level 3? I'm on the road to becoming a chartered accountant and wanted to know what comes after aat level 3 and so on.

I'm currently just doing aat and searching for a job, do you guys thinka ccounting firms would give me a job, while i do aat etc? like in the day time and do aat in the evenings, for experience.

I can't see why you shouldn't be able to get a job in Accounting whilst studying in the evening.
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    You are 17 so i assume you are at intermediate level? After level three you would need to complete the final stage Technician, level 4 to be AAT qualified.

Most employers would be happy to support your studies but normally they pay and you use your own time to study ie eves.

After the AAT there are various options depending on what you wat to do? but the broader ones are ACCA / ACA / CIMA etc. being young you would be able to keep your options open with a chartered accountancy qualification. there are links from the AAT home page about continued studies.

If you are looking for employment have you considered writing to local practices and asking for an apprentaship or trial! you will receive some rejections but may be lucky and get a chance. I know of a friend who was 17 and done this and the practice that accepted her appreciated that she had approached them so this worked in her favour.

Good Luck
Privacy Policy