Payroll software

Julia Crouch
Julia Crouch Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I have always used Sage payroll for my payroll bureau and have absolutely no problems with the software or support offered. However, my license comes up for renewal in November and I today had a telephone call from Sage advising me that my new license would be in the region of £550 plus VAT !!!!

I nearly fell off my chair.

Now I can search the web for alternatives but any feedback from you guys on alternative software providers, pros, cons, costs etc would be very much appreciated before I make my investment.

I need to allow for about 50 payrolls, produce pdf reports and payslips as well as printed payslips.

Julia

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Moneysoft Payroll Manager for me. £100 for a 100 company licence. Absolute pleasure to use. It will print to a range of different payroll stationery (as well as pdf) so I am still using up my old stock of Sage payslips.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Moneysoft Payroll Manager for me. £100 for a 100 company licence. Absolute pleasure to use. It will print to a range of different payroll stationery (as well as pdf) so I am still using up my old stock of Sage payslips.

Got to agree with Dean, can't beat PM!!!!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    same here too!
    Regards,

Burg
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i use thesaurus payroll simplistic to use from set up to on-line p35 i have a link PM me if you would like more info :)
  • Julia Crouch
    Thanks guys

I have downloaded the 1 month free trial version of Moneysoft Payroll Manager to have a play with and to work out if I am able to import/convert my Sage payroll data.

Dean, I have a pile of Sage payslips as well so It is good to hear that I will not have to waste them.

So potentially I now have in the region of £400 for CPD courses :)

Julia
  • Doug7
    Doug7 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Julia can you let me know if it is possible to import sage to money soft payroll
  • Julia Crouch
    Doug,

Sorry I do not know.

Dean may be able to help with that. But I telephoned moneysoft and they are really helpful. Even offered me a huge discount if I sell on to my clients :)

Although I am not renewing my Sage license in November I will keep using Sage payroll until the end of the tax year and look to import then, if possible.

However, if it does not then no big deal as I will just start again with Moneysoft. I keep hardcopies of payroll anyway and the fact that I will not be renewing my license with Sage will not mean that I will not be able to access information prior to 05/04/10

Julia
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Doug7 wrote: »
    Hi Julia can you let me know if it is possible to import sage to money soft payroll

You can import employers and employees details in .csv format. So if you can export from sage payroll in this format then you could import these details.

Other than that I am unsure
    Regards,

Burg
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    payroll manager was recommended here and i have used it and find it really good and user friendly.
  • monkeypuzzle47
    monkeypuzzle47 Registered Posts: 134 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I use Able Internet Payroll Bureau for agents. Its free until you submit annual year end returns then you get an invoice for around £19 per client once you have submitted the return.
    Its a nice easy package and does the trick, employees can go online and print off their own payslips etc.
  • monkeypuzzle47
    monkeypuzzle47 Registered Posts: 134 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think my option of able internet will be a little pricey for you, I have just downloaded moneysoft payroll manager and it looks v good. I think when i have more than 5 payroll clients I will move across to this package for sure.
    thanks for the reccomendation.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Everyone raves about Moneysoft, but I've never tried it.

We use 12pay and it's really good, no complaints at all, good customer service and it's only £50 a year.
Privacy Policy