Accounting Technician magazine/website

Steven P
Steven P Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I am the Editorial Manager at the AAT and would be interested to hear your feedback on the new magazine and online presence.

In July this year we moved the magazine's frequency to every other month. To supplement the lack of a magazine every other month we built a new section of the AAT website which we populate with news, articles and polls - both in the month's the magazine is produced and, more importantly, those when it is not.

If you haven't seen it, the new magazine section is online at www.aat.org.uk/at.

We use reader feedback to shape our communications, so please use this thread as a forum to let us know what you think. What do you like/find useful? What don't you like?

It would be great to receive your feedback.

Many thanks,

Steven Perryman.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Steve

I love the new site but will be the first to say am dissapointed with the magzine going bi monthly.

Keep up the good work

Vic
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Steve
    Yes, I have used the new site too and find it really useful. Bi monthly is ok with me and the layout is easy to follow.
    I know a couple of people I have spoken to have said that is aimed too much at the student members now but I am not no sure - different peoples perspective I suppose. Personally I think there is a good balance.
    Thank you for your good work on this ...
    Karen
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Aye its all good.

Are you responsible for the forum smilies?

Also it would be good to appoint some forum users as moderators, as most of us are on here more than the current moderators.
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hello,

On the old version of Accounting Technician Online you could search for archived articles by unit number. I can't find this option on the new version. Is it still there? And will we be able to access the archive from the old version too? I find these articles useful for studying whilst at work if i've forgotten my books.

Jo
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hello Steven, thanks for asking our opinion. The only problem I have with the new site is the lack of E-learning material available. Would it be too difficult to put the stuff back on from the previous site? I know many of us found the interactive lessons & stuff invaluable.....PRETTY PLEEEEASE!!!!
  • A-Vic
    Hi Steve

Another point to mention is all the problems ive had with DD for Fee's and even with exam entry first time ive had any problems this year.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Steve, yeh i think you have done a good job and the mag can be helpful from time to time ......but the smilies on here need to come back....

p.s. would like my name mentioned just once please !!!:lol:
  • A-Vic
    Hi Steve, yeh i think you have done a good job and the mag can be helpful from time to time ......but the smilies on here need to come back....

p.s. would like my name mentioned just once please !!!:lol:

Mark come on you cant get mentioned for spamming
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Mark come on you cant get mentioned for spamming

you cheeky mare !!!!!!!!
  • Steven P
    Steven P Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your comments.

Jo - it's interesting that you mention being able to search by unit as we are currently developing this feature for the AT Studyzone area of the AT site. This should be live by the end of next week so look out for it!

Andypandy - there is still a lot of e-learning material available online in the new studyzone behind your MyAAT login. We have also recently launched Student Interactive which posts podcasts and blogs on units and this is constantly updated on a rolling basis. You can access it at http://www.aat-interactive.org.uk/student

Also, don't forget to look out for your StudentPlus newsletter each month which highlights some of the services I have mentioned above.

Steve.
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Thank you Steve, I will keep an eye out for the new search facility.

Also the Student Interactive looks good, any chance of getting something for Unit 33 on there???

Jo
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    ""Is happy now.........""
  • kw220579
    kw220579 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Steven,
    I was wanting to take advantage of one of the discounts mentioned in the student plus email but I cant see how to, any help?
    Thanks
    Katie
Privacy Policy