MAAT Membership

RooRooRach
RooRooRach Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I was just wondering if you have to apply for full membership as quite a few people I work with have not applied and I wondering if you needed to in order to actually become qualified????

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yes, you actually have to apply for full membership.

Once you complete the qualification the AAT usually mail you lots to say 'Become a Full Member!'
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You are qualified, but you can't use the MAAT letters after your name if you don't apply for full membership.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    lessci wrote: »
    You are qualified, but you can't use the MAAT letters after your name if you don't apply for full membership.

But can you use AAT ?
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can't use the letter afeter your name, but you can put hte qualification in your CV I'm lead to believe.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You can't use the letter afeter your name, but you can put hte qualification in your CV I'm lead to believe.

I actually don't put the letters after my name on my CV. I stopped it the fifth time I got a letter addressing me as Mr. MAAT.

It is now referred to on my CV twice: once under 'professional memberships' and once under 'qualifications'.

I do know some people who let their AAT membership lapse after they made ACA/ACMA/etc status though.
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    as an employer, if someone has studied for AAT and not actually joined, if I have specied the qualification in the person spec, I disqualify their application for the post. Being a member proves more than passing exams. It also means you have practical experience, you are subject to the ethical and professional rules and that you are commited to CPD
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    stevef wrote: »
    as an employer, if someone has studied for AAT and not actually joined, if I have specied the qualification in the person spec, I disqualify their application for the post. Being a member proves more than passing exams. It also means you have practical experience, you are subject to the ethical and professional rules and that you are commited to CPD

too true.....if i seen someone had the full MAAT after their name then this would mean that they know the exams and also done it in practice too ?
Privacy Policy