apportionment

valentino46
valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
AAArrgghh, its official i dont understand apportionment and allocation at all!!!

Comments

• john.carter14
    john.carter14 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    It's a right nightmare for sure.
  • valentino46
    in a nutshell its applying costs to cost centres but am i getting my head round it i think not!!! ha ha.
    any tips john??
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Which part in particular is bothering you? Is it the difference between the two?

If you could be more specific we might be able to help.
  • valentino46
    hi bookworm,

im struggling with re-apportionment using the step down method. Im under the impression that if a non-cost centre provides a service to a cost centre do we apply the whole cost to the cost centre for the services. sorry if that sounds a bit confusing.

rob
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Rob,

What do you mean by a non-cost centre? Do you mean to differentiate between service cost centres and production cost centres?

All the costs of service centres will have to be allocated to production centres eventually. You apportion (divide) the cost based on the service provided.
  • valentino46
    yes i was a bit confused between cost production cost centres and service cost centres, ive attempted a couple of tasks that are making it clearer, it was the step down apportionment i was having problems with nut have worked out how to calculate.

thanks
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I have written a blog on this topic which is planned to be published on 2nd November.
    I hope you will find it helpful.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy