PEV December 09

Loz1234
Loz1234 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All

I have just received my technician stage books via distance learning and was thinking about maybe trying to get an exam out of the way this December even though I haven't opened the books yet!!!

Do you think it would be possible to do PEV in a month and sit the exam in December?

Comments

• Nicola1106
    Nicola1106 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Hi there,

I would suggest that you have a look at a previous PEV exam paper before you decide
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I would personally say no. At my college we did the PEV/PCR syllabus over 6 months and I found that quite tricky.....
  • lilac_angel
    lilac_angel Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    I done my PEV exam in December with only about 2 months teaching.
    I found most of it quite easy except the Report in section 2 which i have failed on twice as i really struggle with the written parts of the exams, but i am good at remembering the formula's and doing the calculations.
    I say look through your books and a past paper before you decide.
  • elging
    elging Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Dec exam

Personally, if you're short on time and only one paper to pick I'd do one of the tax ones.
    There is too much info to take in on DFS, PEV and PCR and really its best to do PEV and PCR together as they are so inter-related.

If you've chosen it as oe of the options I'd do PTC as its been simplified a lot and should be achievable if you get your head down.

Whatever you choose - Good Luck
  • Loz1234
    Loz1234 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    HI All

Thanks for your replies.

Elging unfortunately I did ask for the tax ones to be sent but they failed to send me the books for them so am having to wait for them to arrive.

I just wanted to get one exam out of the way as next year is going to be a busy year for me. I thought nothing ventured nothing gained!

I think I may try my luck!!

Fingers crossed for me!!!!!!!!!
Privacy Policy