Level 3 Skills Tests

Marky Astra
Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all

Im currently studying Level 4 Technician but for level 3 i still havent done a skills test from level 3, will this stop me from becoming a full member of the AAt? I was going to retake it but i changed colleges and now when i try and contact my old tutor about completing my skills test they dont get back to me. any advice on my situation?

Thanks

Marcus

Comments

• Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi,

You would need to complete the Level 3 skills test remaining to be able to apply for full membership when you have completed Level 4.

Can you ask your new college if you can take the Level 3 skill test with them, or another learning provider as you should be able to book a single skills test to sit with most of them, although they will charge you.
  • Marky Astra
    Hi,

You would need to complete the Level 3 skills test remaining to be able to apply for full membership when you have completed Level 4.

Can you ask your new college if you can take the Level 3 skill test with them, or another learning provider as you should be able to book a single skills test to sit with most of them, although they will charge you.

Ive spoke to my current new college if i would be able to take the skills test there but they said they dont do skills tests at all so wouldnt be able to do it. where could i find another learning provider from, the aat website im guessing?
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Try BPP, Kaplan, Premier Training or Eagle Education. It also depends if you have someone at your workplace to act as a supervisor (e.g your manager) - if so there will be several providers you could choose from. If you don't have a supervisor, then you might one to choose a provider which has a centre locally or offers flexibility to allow you to attend their centre to take your skills test.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I dont know how they can teach the AAT and not do simulatutions???? no mater what route or level there are simulations
  • Marky Astra
    They dont do them for Level 3, thats what they were telling me and they said i would be better off asking my old college anyway. I think i will try contacting them again as there local to me and it would be easier to complete it there.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

You say they dont do them for level 3, do they not do level 3 whatsoever? Simulations have to be done to complete level 3 so I can't see how they can not do them.

Anyway, sounds like your best bet if your old college won't help is enrol for the oustanding unit with a distance learning provider as suggested by Claire321.

Neil
Privacy Policy