Starting Diploma Level

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
This is a message for all the students that have been doing Diploma Level this year (not sure what this level is called NVQ Route)

I am about to enrol for this level Distance Learning and wondered which units I would be better studying for at the same time as I intend to hopefully sit two in June and two in December but I have no idea what each Unit consists of yet?

They are Unit 33 Management Accounting
Unit 11 Drafting Financial Statements
Unit 18 Business Tax
Unit 19 Personal Tax

If possible I would like to do an easier Unit with a harder Unit (If that is possible at this stage)

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hey jewels again :)

Also doing diploma level and in college they split the taxes as DFS unit 11 and MAC unit 33 are pretty hard going.

for june exams were doing 18 and 33
  • crissy
    crissy Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Jewels

Im also doing distance learning, I sat unit 11 DFS and 33 MAC on December, of course you have to study hard but it is still achievable and there are a few things on these units which we have already studied as for instance the ratios, seasonal variations.. I dont know how hard the optional units are as still have to take them.
    At the beginning I was thinking of just sitting for one exam but then I decided to take 2 and I did it. Its a matter of setting your mind & aim for a goal.

Good luck!
  • Melt
    Melt Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Jewells,

I'm about to start the Diploma level through distance learning too and wondered who you are studying through? I called BPP to order the books the other day and they told me they're not available to order until the 4th Jan which is really annoying because I feel like I'm just wasting time now! Although it does give me a really good excuse to do nothing for a few weeks...!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Melt wrote: ยป
    Hi Jewells,

I'm about to start the Diploma level through distance learning too and wondered who you are studying through? I called BPP to order the books the other day and they told me they're not available to order until the 4th Jan which is really annoying because I feel like I'm just wasting time now! Although it does give me a really good excuse to do nothing for a few weeks...!

hi i might do this too thanks for letting us know that they are not available until the 4th
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Jewells,

its not wasting time. I go to college on day release and wont start my next lot of tuition until March. Thats normal
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    its not wasting time. I go to college on day release and wont start my next lot of tuition until March. Thats normal

i want to start Level 4 in January although i still have Unit 15 and 32 to do from Intermidiate but as these are simulations i am not that worried about them

i was going to wait until march (when the two simulations might be done) but then that would live only 3 months for DFS and MAC which i believe it is not enough so i am hoping to do the simulations asap and get on with DFS and MAC
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Hey jewels again :)

Also doing diploma level and in college they split the taxes as DFS unit 11 and MAC unit 33 are pretty hard going.

for june exams were doing 18 and 33

Hi A-Vic,

Not heard from you for a while! I was thinking about splitting the Taxes and doing one with MAC and one with DFS but wasnt sure what to do as when I asked the people I am studying with they recommended doing the two taxes together in June as the Finance Act changes every year! Does this affect the tax exams do you know?
  • jewels.p
    Hi Jewells,

I am studying with Premier and they sent me the Enrolment form yesterday to fill in ASAP they never said I couldnt get the materials before 4th Jan!
  • Melt
    Melt Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ

Yeah but I don't get day-release so all the hours need to be put in at home unfortunately, around 2 jobs! Wanted to get cracking ASAP but will just have to take it easy over xmas, oh well!
Privacy Policy