Call Out

PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Is anyone on a company call out, in the case the alarm goes off?

Whats your policy on claiming back the time? Claim back the hours, time and a half, double time?

You deserve it when you spend half the night in a dark building.....

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thats why I didnt want keys for our premises! I think you should get a week off with pay each time you are dragged out of a cosy bed to go out in the cold when 9 times out of 10 it is a false alarm!
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You could outsource your keyholding? I used to work for an alarm company that would attend your callouts for you (and send you the bill). Since it was invariably one of our alarms, I occasionally wondered if the thing was rigged to give off false alarms for us to attend callouts on.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Thats why I didnt want keys for our premises! I think you should get a week off with pay each time you are dragged out of a cosy bed to go out in the cold when 9 times out of 10 it is a false alarm!

And the 10th time you get battered with a crowbar! :(
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    in my old place i was the key holder and we only got £25 for a call out weather it took 2 minutes or 3 hours......worked ok for me because i got called out once and it took only 5 minutes to rectify then got called out 5 minutes later for the same thing..so got £50 for 20 minutes work !!! bob on !!!!!
Privacy Policy