Deferred income

Dottie
Dottie Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
I have a new client whose previous accountant prepared his accounts, charged him but for some reason has not filed them with Companies House and has gone AWOL. The client has a fine of £350 and I am trying to prepare them using a copy of the previous year's accounts downloaded from Companies House.

The company sells items on ebay and has a turnover of 14K. In the balance sheet there is nearly £5 in accruals and deferred income and apart from the accountancy accrual (£825), I can't work out what the rest is.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Dottie

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    It's going to be hard doing it 'blind' so to speak.

Even though it says accruals and deferred income it could be more like other creditors.

Obviously it is hard to comment not having seen the accounts. Is there a separate heading for trade creditors?
    Could there possibly be a loan in there?
    Regards,

Burg
  • Dottie
    There are also trade creditors, corporation tax and other creditors in the balance sheet on top of the "accruals and deferred income".
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Have you managed to break down other creditors to rule out other possibilities such as PAYE, VAT if registered, loans and HP?

Does the client have any idea?

I assume you only have abbreviated accounts?

If you want to keep details off forum then you can email me ian.morgan@mbsaccountants.co.uk
    Regards,

Burg
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Dottie

If the CT600 has been filed then HMR&C should have more detailed accounts and computations that may be of some help.

If you have a 64-8 in place then I find that the CT sections can be quite helpful
  • Dottie
    The accounts I downloaded from Companies House were the fullset. The director says that he took a credit card cash "loan" when he started the business, so I think that this is the answer. It just seemed an odd place to show a loan.

Thank you for your help as always.

Dottie
Privacy Policy